Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tek

New Community Story?

Howdy,

I've noticed that the community story has become rather stagnant and inconsistent over the past weeks. No offense, but in my opinion, the story has become quite jumbled and confusing to a first time reader.
I'd like to propose a new community story project, one that follows a new storyline and a new set of characters, and a setting that is consistent and always interesting.
I'd like to know the people's thoughts on this.

Good idea. Make sure to set up some guidelines and write a consistent intro that can be continued consistently.

Well, how about we start TWO seperate community stories - one which is like the original community story was intended to be and one about the "DW forums war thing" as BBG says.

As long as we create a seperate thread for each of the two community stories to post suggestions and discuss issues so that the story doesn't get interrupted too much.

I know that I'm all for a new community story :-D

I missed something, what is the forum wars thing about?

If I'm not entirely mistaken it was a story called something along the lines of "BJ and the Big F***ing Gun" It began as a Wolfenstein story, where BJ was about to plan his escape (or something) and then suddenly Zaldron emerges through a portal and takes BJ with him to DW, where a war against TEH EV1L SHOTGUN-BILL is raging.

Something like that, but maybe BBG can elaborate or correct me if I am wrong?

Sounds clever enough for the REEl Storey if you ask me.

Exactly, that's why I suggest that we make TWO very different types of community stories.

I know that I would love a community story where people didn't suddenly ruin the stories for the others by posting some "funny" crap in it (*cough* MACVILE_WHORE *cough*).

Heh, I actually just got the spark of a fun idea for an intro to a "DW forum war" community story.

Howdy again,

I will go ahead and think up an idea for the intro (I should start it--it WAS my idea :)). I'm thinking that the story will be a tale of one of the invasion's victims, set on Earth about the time Doom 2 begins. I've thought up a few rules for the story:

-Narrations must be in the third/first person. No second person additions.

-No perspective changes!

-The addition of new characters (beyond the first few chapters) must be put through the community story suggestion/criticism thread (good idea, dsm).

-No new monsters will be added in, with the exception of monsters approved in the suggestion thread.

-Grammar and spelling must be checked.

-No silly additions.

-None of the major characters can be killed off. Character deaths must be discussed first in the thread.

-Threads violating the rules will be ignored, or (moderator willing) be deleted altogether.

-No BBG (;))

Let me know if you have problems with these rules.

-No BBG (;))

And just what does this rule mean? That you're not allowed to post a contribution if you happen to be bigbadgangsta?

dsm perhaps?

NO WAY!
I'd make a bad mod, besides, I don't always have the time to constantly watch over a forum like the existing mods on these forums.

Definitely. By the way, we should convince Ling to give someone moderator powers in this forum.

*cough*WILDMAN*cough*

Definitely. By the way, we should convince Ling to give someone moderator powers in this forum.

*cough*WILDMAN*cough*

Yeah, he's the man. Only problem is that he doesn't seem to be here often.

A new community story is a great idea...I'll contribute if I find a place to join in.

As for the DW wars story, it was fun, but silly. I remember I said something about a shadowy figure apporaching B.J., then opening a portal, then the next person said it was Zaldron and he was taking the guy to Doomworld...weirdness.

*cough*WILDMAN*cough*

Yeah, he's the man. Only problem is that he doesn't seem to be here often.

Heh, I thought of him too, but, exactly, he's not here often enough.

As for the DW wars story, it was fun, but silly. I remember I said something about a shadowy figure apporaching B.J., then opening a portal, then the next person said it was Zaldron and he was taking the guy to Doomworld...weirdness.

Heh, then I blasted through Post Hell with Mac's coffee gun =)