Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DASH Project

Neo DOOM inventory items

I'm really getting into Neo DOOM, in fact I think it is one of my absolute favorite WADs ever because of all the sweet weapons and extra stuff Daniel put into it!

On slight problem...it seems some inventory items (like the auto-detect mines, profane spirit, life bottle, and probably many others) seem to utterly not work, while others like the portable bandage work just fine. I am really confused, especially since I set all 12 inventory items to the 12 function keys with even less luck. When I open the inventory and try to use, say, an auto-detect mine, pressing enter (the activate inventory item key I use) just closes the inventory!

Please help. This is a huge pain in the ass and I often have to drop items just so I can see the DOOM guy's face again to tell how damaged I am.

EDIT: Figured I'd tell you what source port I'm using to save the time of asking pointless questions. I use ZDoom 2.4.0

The version available on /idgames only works with an old unofficial version of ZDoom. A proper one exists but I don't know a place where you could download it.

GreyGhost said:

Try this one - it's newer by a few years.

Wow thanks dude! But I've never used PK3s before. Aren't they Quake rather than Doom? Not sure ZDoom will open it, but I'm a n00b who has never tried.

Plus, shouldn't he have renamed it to Neo-Quake? I mean since it's PK3 does it now use the Quake engine rather than the DOOM engine? If so then that's fine too, but I'm just curious, forgive my n00b questions please.

EDIT: Just tried it...auto-detect mines work like a charm, so I assume other items work like charms too. Also appears to still use the DOOM engine. But looks like my progress needs to be re-made (I've made it to map 4 so far) since my old savefile I made on the WAD doesn't work with PK3. Rats. Oh well, ya gain some ya lose some, and getting to use inventory items is a great tradeoff for having to go back through the game, which has only just begun! Thank you GreyGhost!

You're welcome. PK3's are basically just renamed Zip archives and are supported by several source ports.

And HO-LY CRAP...Map 4 (the creature prison) is quite possibly the hardest level I've ever played in a DOOM mod, excluding the joke ones like MOCK 2

40oz said:

oof. It gets worse.

Yeah the 5th map...geez I'm stuck. I signed up to kill demons, not to stumble around aimlessly looking for a door I can open. I just hope the future levels have more monster-killing and less "find the right door" type situations.

DASH Project said:

And HO-LY CRAP...Map 4 (the creature prison) is quite possibly the hardest level I've ever played in a DOOM mod, excluding the joke ones like MOCK 2

Really?God,that is rather easy.Try playing Deus Vult.