Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShaneAmp

Doom Arcade Marquee

Ive built a PC/JAMMA arcade machine, running both real boards and emulators! Since theres a PC inside, and Doom is one of my favorite games, with so many wads and ports to choose from, i thought i should make a control panel for it, and a Marquee header! At this point all i have is TMNT Turtles In Time.. I will be putting together a dedicated panel for that first, with my NOS Wico Leaf Switch Joysticks! But i thought i would start working in photoshop and post it here for some suggestions maybe.. Who knows what good ideas might come from it! I dont know if this will post properly, ive never posted a pic here... i dont think.. This is just a simple mock up, not even fitted to the size of my machine, but that can be re-done easily..

[img]http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/Shane_Sharpe/?action=view¤t=DOOMMARQUEE.jpg[/img]

Im looking to make one thats somewhere in between ports.. Ive always been a big fan of the PSX and N64 versions.. That will show in the darkened, slanted logo, but using the original logo.. Simple is good, and once its in the machine, it may be better, but i dunno...

I like it. I'd actually love to find an old cabinet just to do this. I think every Doom fan thought about this project at least once.

i dont expect it to be original, there was that doom 2 arcade cabinet in that movie, which you could say was an influence, but it just seems fitting to add to my cabinet! You can buy new cabinet kits to, dont have to buy an old one to convert..

I like it as a start. It's kind of plain though. I feel like there should be a planet or an aurora or something in the background. Maybe the remains of Deimos.

Also there appears to be some thin white outline on the Doom logo.

Looks good. If I may suggest a source port to play, Doom Legacy has split-screen multiplayer.

Bucket said:

Looks good. If I may suggest a source port to play, Doom Legacy has split-screen multiplayer.

Haven't seen an update on Legacy here in years, let alone any public updates on it in the Source Ports forum.

40oz said:

I like it as a start. It's kind of plain though. I feel like there should be a planet or an aurora or something in the background. Maybe the remains of Deimos.

Also there appears to be some thin white outline on the Doom logo.

Ya it is plain, i think its ok that way, but im fine with te idea of going overboard, and having images unrelated to doom, like alot of old game artwork did! If anyone has any good hi rez images that may work, i might use it, ive been looking around.. Oh, and the thin white line would be cuz i took it from this artwork

DON'T POST FUCKING HUGE IMAGES LIKE THIS - mod

and it has that around it, seems to be the nicest scan i could find, and i had to fix the dark line which may be a scan error in the top right.. How about something more like this?

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/Shane_Sharpe/?action=view¤t=DOOMMARQUEEMarsDeimos.jpg

some quick planet images i found on google. I dunno if its what im going for really...

ShaneAmp said:

i dont expect it to be original, there was that doom 2 arcade cabinet in that movie, which you could say was an influence, but it just seems fitting to add to my cabinet! You can buy new cabinet kits to, dont have to buy an old one to convert..

Yeah what was that movie called? I don`t remember anything about it other than the Doom arcade inside the convenience store.

^
So it was! That's a good film actually. I think I might aqcuire to watch tonight!

PS: I like the quick shot of the Chex being shot up - I wonder if they were aware of Chex Quest??

On another note, someone finally uploaded the episode of ER that featured Doom.

There should be a third part where one of the doctors throws the computer across the room or something.

Does anybody find it amusing that in the first part she clicks 7-8 times on the mouse and the chainsaw doesn't work? =p

THE SUPER SHOTGUN ON MAP01!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE