Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Renegade158

"No Player one start" But there is??

I've been working on a WAD and when I test map01 and finish it and it goes to map02 it says that there is no Player 1 start. I do have a player 1 start and when I test map02 it works fine. All the Thing settings are correct. Has anyone had this problem, and/or knows how to fix it? I can't find any reason why it wouldnt work.
I'm using DoomBuilder 2.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no. There is no DM starts at all. As I said when I test the map it works fine, just not when I go into the map from map01.

Renegade158 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but no. There is no DM starts at all. As I said when I test the map it works fine, just not when I go into the map from map01.

That's odd. Have you been screwing with data lumps by any chance?

Kappes Buur said:

That happened to me once.
This is the map layout

and that was the result

the player 1 start can be seen in the upper left corner.

Your player one start as an argument though?

Renegade158 said:

Your player one start has an argument though?

I never noticed that before. The map now loads properly.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: well fuck, disregard then. :D

That's the only thing that stuck out to me, too. It looks like the map was generated using that terrain generator tool. A wild guess, but perhaps the tag on your player is somehow making it affected by the slopes things?

Also, I do know that older engines could have strange blockmap issues if the map was too large, but this is GZDoom and the map doesn't seem to be that large. In older versions of ZDaemon for example, if the player was outside the valid maximum blockmap space, the player start sometimes wouldn't register as existing (this made the "no camera" bug crop up when a player start was indeed there). Trying moving it to around the center of the map perhaps.

EarthQuake said:

It looks like the map was generated using that terrain generator tool. A wild guess, but perhaps the tag on your player is somehow making it affected by the slopes things?

Pretty good for a wild guess :-)

Renegade158 said:

I deleted the Lump and it still doesnt work.

If you are using DB2, run the map analyzer (F4). Perhaps, it can come up with something.

Kappes Buur said:

If you are using DB2, run the map analyzer (F4). Perhaps, it can come up with something.

A bunch of things about missing textures, but nothing about anything else.

If it's important I have a player 2 start as well...

Renegade158 said:

Thats all correct too. :/

Then it would be a better idea if you uploaded your WAD so people can have a better idea of what's exactly wrong.

If it is in UDMF or Hexen format, check that the player start's args and tid are zero.

The most common cause of this problem is accidentally making the spawn point exclusive to a particular difficulty setting(s).

But, player starts aren't affected by difficulty settings, right? And even if they were, that would mean he couldn't play map02 at all (his problem is that he can't play map02 after he exits map01, but he can play map02 if he warps to it).

What exit action + settings did you use for map01?