Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcKay

Alien Vendeta better than Mephisto Mori IMO

Yeah I just completed the 32 level megawad Alien Vendeta. My hat goes off to the creators its a superb wad. If this had been 6 or 7 years ago you probably could of made a shitload of money out of that. (Hell they did it with The Master Levels didn't they?...did they?) However it wasn't perfect, the usual lack of health, horendus monster count(over 900 on one level alone!) and too many arch viles made the game frustrating at times. (I did play it on ultra violence as you do but surely there must be more ways of making a level tough without having 10 cyberdemons in it, then have an Arch Vile resurrect them once they have been desposed of surely?) Better than Mephisto Mori 1 and 2? In my opinion yes but I only because I prefere the level themes better and choice of music themes. If you've not played it play it now you bastard! Now I'm itching for more. Any other wads out there recomended?

BTW this is just my opinion. Don't get mad with me if you don't agree. But I do think I'm entitled to my opinion since I've been playing doom since I was 11 (I'm just coming up for my 18th next week) What do you think?

Lol my bad Memento Mori. Where did I get Mephisto from lol?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diablo II

Thats odd cuz I've never played Diablo before. Oh well. Give me your opinions on what I thought of Alien Vendeta I never typed all that shit for nothing I want to hear you opinions also.

Lol my bad Memento Mori. Where did I get Mephisto from lol?

Diablo II

...or anybody else who thinks Mephisto is/was a cool dude.

You don't realize how many people call it that regardless what its real name is:

Person 1: Tell me something. Go and download mm.wad, start it up, press Esc, and tell me what it reads on the top.

Person 2: Oh, that's easy. It says "Mephisto Mori."

Person 1: GAH!! Uh...I mean...no it doesn't.

Momento Mori II IMO is better than Momento Mori I, and Alien Vendetta at some parts is better then Momento Mori II. It would have been better, period, if it had 32 new and all-original midis like MM1 and MM2.

Mephisto was also, if I'm not mistake, one of the Master Levels?

Also, Archviles cannot resurrect Cyberdemons, Or Spiderdemons, or other Archviles.

I agree about the difficulty in the final part. Go see my review at rworld.

It did have all original midi at one point... some truly amazing ones at that.

Heh, Dashiva's for Map20 was the only original one, but it ruled.

Well keep in mind, Memento Mori was made about seven years ago, and pretty much was the Alien Vendetta of its day. It's not fair to compare them. In some ways, Memento Mori was better for its time than AV is.

Well keep in mind, Memento Mori was made about seven years ago, and pretty much was the Alien Vendetta of its day. It's not fair to compare them. In some ways, Memento Mori was better for its time than AV is.

It's not like the technology is any different than it was seven years ago... The DOOM engine is still the same, unless you make use of ports and their additional features, which AV didn't.

It's not like the technology is any different than it was seven years ago... The DOOM engine is still the same, unless you make use of ports and their additional features, which AV didn't.

Yah!IMO Alien Vendetta's best especially in gameplay terms compared with Momento Mori 1&2.2 definitely being the better Momento Mori.But both are really enjoyable anyway.It's a sign of the times for sure, just as nowadays we expect to see more detail in maps, and are disappointed when we don't, gameplay has definitely evolved too and many of the fight scenarios in AV seemed to be much better thought out than in earlier Megawads which seem almost haphazard in their monster placement.Anyway recommended wads to checkout...Eternal,Requiem,MM1&2,Hell Revealed,Darkening1&2,Icarus,Heroes2.....

Heh, I'm playing memento mori right now. It suffers from the lack of detail sometimes, but overall is very enjoyable.

I just finished playing a couple of Skulltag botmatches using the Momento Mori II DM areas...until it crashed once I shot Crash head on with a shotgun.
BAH... Poor loser. :|

Heh, I'm playing memento mori right now. It suffers from the lack of detail sometimes, but overall is very enjoyable.

I just finished playing a couple of Skulltag botmatches using the Momento Mori II DM areas...until it crashed once I shot Crash head on with a shotgun.
BAH... Poor loser. :|

Skulltag lags my comp if I have more than 5 bots in a map.

I'd correct the thread title if the worthless forum software didn't limit edited titles to 25 characters.

Skulltag lags my comp if I have more than 5 bots in a map

either skulltag sucks or it's a level with a plenty of detailings, otherwise, 5 bots should be working finely on a decent comp if that's what you are on right now. Download doombot4.0 or Opndoom instead ;p

imo, darkening and Memento Mori 1/2 didn't really impress me much. Personally, HR/World => AV/HR2, if you wanna get more sp wads, go to google.com and search keyword for "Best Doom2 wads for Doom95", find the purple background doom site then you'd see there's a bunch of sp goodies there

Yeah, but today, new editing tricks have been learned, new and better programs for making graphics, musics, and levels are around, and simply, the whole bar for level editing has been raised quite a bit. When MM came out, it was the first major megawad, and certainly the first big community-developed one. No one had seen anything like it before.

While AV is certainly one of the best wads out there, similar things have been done before, just not quite as good. I'm not trying to take anything away from AV, I'm just trying to stop you all from taking away from Memento Mori.