Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dr_st

Solo or Coop?

So, what do you think:

Is Eminem better as a solo artist or when he performs as part of his crew: D-12?

Feh, it's ignorant to shun an entire genre. There are decent hiphop/beat artists, you just won't see them on MTV.

They never show anything good on MTV.

You're right, they play metallica, van halen, and other 80's metal.

You're right, they play metallica, van halen, and other 80's metal.

I don't think they select the best metallica songs to play... They probably pick the worst ones. Oh well. Luckily I don't watch MTV. It's always nice to be not subjective to brainwashing.

::sarcasm::
Are you saying that you don't like 'TRL'? 'Real World?' 'Diary?' etc...

::seriousness::
christ, someone at MTV needs to die...

Cause MTV is crap, Eminenema sucks, and rap sucks. I do have to agree with Liam, though. Some hip-hop kina music is cool. Like Beck...okay maybe not...

Cause MTV is crap, Eminenema sucks, and rap sucks. I do have to agree with Liam, though. Some hip-hop kina music is cool. Like Beck...okay maybe not...

Are we talking about the same Beck? Since when is Beck hip-hop?

I like some of what Dre's done, he has talent. A lot of so-called hiphop people have zero. Still DRE is wicked when you're crusin', and the vid with those low riderz owned.

I don't like the new one with Snoop though, it's just stretching teh whole next episode thing to far IMO.

I like some of what Dre's done, he has talent. A lot of so-called hiphop people have zero. Still DRE is wicked when you're crusin', and the vid with those low riderz owned.

I don't like the new one with Snoop though, it's just stretching teh whole next episode thing to far IMO.

pritch
Ruler of the DOLTs

Finally. A person with some sense.

THats why I said 'maybe not'. Beck is about the closest thing to hip-hp that I like...maybe Rage...but I don't like them that much anymore because they became sellouts.

"Liking" a band is like the worst thing you can do. It's safer to just like certain songs. No fanboy comments, no genre bashing, just the stuff that actually gets to you.

"Liking" a band is like the worst thing you can do. It's safer to just like certain songs. No fanboy comments, no genre bashing, just the stuff that actually gets to you.

That's my philosophy. It's also why my WinAmp playlist is twelve hours of random songs from about thirty different artists. Although some groups have more songs in there than others.

D'you know if you can extract a WinAmp playlist into a text file?

THats why I said 'maybe not'. Beck is about the closest thing to hip-hp that I like...maybe Rage...but I don't like them that much anymore because they became sellouts.

Try Soul Coughing or Lo Fidelity All Stars.

D'you know if you can extract a WinAmp playlist into a text file?

WinAmp's playlist already is a text file.

True, but there a few bands I like as a band. Mostly, the ones whose members I keep in contact with :)

But I've found a few bands that are generally good at everything they do, even if the range of their music is so huge that most people could only like one or two albums. I think it's interesting to see how their progressions work, how the band fans you mentioned take them in, their reaction to feedback and how they win or lose fans over their career.

A good example for me would be The Prodigy. I've matured alongside their music, but I still dig the old stuff. If you can make a connection like that with a band you're gonna hold a special place for them..

So far, I have NEVER heard an ohGr song that didn't kick total fucking ass. Oh, and my music is pretty cool too.