Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomUK

A question of the utmost importance

What, pray, is the precise difference between the "Banned" and "Loser" titles? Or to rephrase, why are there two titles of shame to be brandished upon the troll or unruly member who could seemingly not comply with the rules?

The former speaks for itself. But what level of stupidity, dare I ask, must be committed to find oneself cast into the unholy bowels of Doomworld that is the Loser's forum and suffer the subsequent humility of being confined there?

magicsofa said:

Banned means you are banned...dur

Closer attention paid to my question will reveal that I'm not asking what it means to be banned. More like, why have two types of ban.

Being losered is not banned, but it's close, it means you have one chance to not be stupid. Think of Losers as time-out for trolls.

DoomUK said:

But what level of stupidity, dare I ask, must be committed to find oneself cast into the unholy bowels of Doomworld that is the Loser's forum and suffer the subsequent humility of being confined there?

It doesn't even have to be stupidity, it could be catching a mod on a bad day and making a minor infraction against the forum rules. The real kicker is to have a post directly after the offending post essentially break the same rule, but no action is taken. Yeah, I've still got your number.

Use3D said:

Being losered is not banned, but it's close, it means you have one chance to not be stupid. Think of Losers as time-out for trolls.

Good Sir, the thirst of my curiosity has now been quenched. I always assumed it was a permanent thing.

As a former loser, when you are losered, any time you try to get on to the forums you are immediately redirected to Doomworld Forums > Morons > Losers where you sit there and make threads all by yourself and only moderators can read them. Usually people make threads where they ask what they're doing here or make apologies or whatever. Other people don't learn and just spam up the place. There's also the infamous "heh" thread where everyone responds to the previous post with simply 'heh' as some way of leaving your mark in the loser forum.

When you're banned you're basically sealed off from contact with anyone here via the forums.

40oz said:

As a former loser

You were losered? o_O

Usually people make threads where they ask what they're doing here or make apologies or whatever. Other people don't learn and just spam up the place.

Heh, sounds like Hell, where some people try to repent and beg for mercy, others stay damned and blabber nonsense for eternity :P

40oz said:

There's also the infamous "heh" thread where everyone responds to the previous post with simply 'heh' as some way of leaving your mark in the loser forum.

I was wondering where that thread went. I miss it.
|| [ ||

Is Matt Bratt still in the losers forum making suggestions for amazing weapon mods (that other people have to make)

I'd say the FAQ pretty much sums it up.

Losers is the forum where idiots go. You did something stupid.

I think of it as a form of internal exile for members who's misbehaviour doesn't warrant banning.

40oz said:

There's also the infamous "heh" thread where everyone responds to the previous post with simply 'heh' as some way of leaving your mark in the loser forum.

Losers sometimes attempt to derail that thread by posting other remarks, only to see their post subsequently edited to say "heh". It's a bit like being assimilated by the Borg.

chopkinsca said:

I was wondering where that thread went. I miss it.
|| [ ||

If you mean the one that was in the Blogs forum, that had a different fate. The one in Losers is a lot more orderly.