Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arttu98

Skulltag Hi-Res music pack?

Hi-res music.

There is such a thing as music in high resolution.

Sadly, no. All the music is in 320x200 pixels.

Are you a bat?

Only bats and deep see creatures see in high resolution sound, and unless I am mistaken, no such creature partakes in the playing of Skulltag. Unless you are, then, the very first of their kind to do so, a high resolution music pack would prove completely and utterly useless.

EDIT: Batman, contrary to popular belief, cannot see in high resolution sound. He has an impress deploy of gadgets, however, which aid him in the completion of tasks which would otherwise require ultra-sonic sound. Cave navigation, for example.

there is such a thing as hi-res music and it's measured in bits of resolution. my soundcard supports 24 and it cost 200$

i assume the poster means mp3s in higher resolution/ lesss or non- compressed format

There are MP3 versions of the Doom 1 and 2 soundtracks available here on DW. I don't know how to implement them with the game itself, however - but maybe somebody else can help.

For Skulltag or Zdoom, you can just stick all of the music into a wad, and make sure that they are named correctly (d_running.mp3, etc). I searched google for "high quality doom soundtrack" and I found a download site that had all of them in ogg format. I just stuck them into a wad using Slade and it worked fine.

For some high quality music you could do worse than these;

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24423&p=472461&hilit=high+quality+music#p472461

Of course, it's not a complete set for all the iwads but they're pretty good. Just have a search around on the ZDoom forum, I'm pretty sure there are a few alternatives there.

Also, I don't know if it's implemented in Skulltag but you could try using Timidity or FluidSynth and get a decent sound font. :)

Per-Scan said:

Also, I don't know if it's implemented in Skulltag but you could try using Timidity or FluidSynth and get a decent sound font. :)

See this. Skulltag does not have FluidSynth and the GUS emulator is still "hidden", but the rest should work.