Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

3dgamers ftp down or something?

Whenever I click onthis (the archives.3dgamers.com /newstuff) link, it freezes my IE. It doesn't crash netscape, but it doesn't load the page, either. I have something to upload. Am I just doing something wrong or is it down, and if so where else should I upload it?

3)you also break the FTP's :P

I don't think so, because it also happens over here. One time it opened up a username/password prompt when I tried to open it, but now it just freezes. Who doesn't have any problem accessing it?

Edit:

(above posts)

Oh.

Don't use IE for FTP:ing.

I used netscape, and the damn page wouldn't even load.

3)you also break the FTP's :P

I don't think so, because it also happens over here. One time it opened up a username/password prompt when I tried to open it, but now it just freezes. Who doesn't have any problem accessing it?

(above posts)

Oh.

I like BulletProof FTP

I don't have any problems. However, the FTP browsing aspect of IE takes an ungodly amount of time to load per session. Specially if the target server's slow/saturated.

Well, it works just great on Netscape now. Go figure. How do I log in or whatever to upload things? I can't seem to find that option availible...

Well, it works just great on Netscape now. Go figure. How do I log in or whatever to upload things? I can't seem to find that option availible...

Let me guess... The username/password prompt, right? No clue.

Do you get in so that you can browse the directories at all? Then it should just be a matter of directly uploading...

Yeah, it says I am "anonymously logged in to 3dgames" or something. And I can definately browse the directories, when it doesn't give me the TOO MANY PEOPLE error thing. Now, where is this "direct upload" crap?

As I'm typing this, I have a browser window open and appears to be frozen due to me clicking on the /incoming link...again. It's been about 5 minutes now. Still nothing.

Well, whaddya know. I got it to work on IE. Why thank you, Fredrik =)

Takes a long time to upload, though, for such a small file. The 10KB text file took over a minute, and the whole zip is still going...

It's been said already. Don't use a web browser for FTP, use a real FTP program for it.

How do you explain that?

It's been said already. Don't use a web browser for FTP, use a real FTP program for it.

How do you explain that?

He would've been finished an hour ago...

IE has always worked, it only stopped working on this specific FTP days ago. It's an FTP problem.

IE has always worked, it only stopped working on this specific FTP days ago. It's an FTP problem.

Yeah, but now it makes me log in every three seconds. I did when Fredrik said, logged in as "anonymous" and used my e-mail as my password but it still keeps asking me to log in.