Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YukiRaven

New Partition 36 album released

So, after working on it a little over a year, I've finished writing a new album. It's called Inside The Beat and has 12 new tracks on it. The styles vary between songs, but they've all been influenced by trance, 80s synthpop, Front 242 to a degree, Boards of Canada, and the 90s demoscene.

I have the entire thing online, and you can listen to it in your browser. Or you can buy a CD for $5 if you'd like to support me ;)

Linkage: http://www.partition36.com/inside-the-beat.html

I also wrote up a blog post about it here.

If you are only going to listen to a few tracks, I recommend "Cyberpunks (Anti-System Mix)" and "Traps (Line Mix)". Those were the last two to be completed and are generally my two favorite tracks. The latter is also one that doesn't sound much like any of my other music.

Sweet.

Now why won't that odd JavaScript player work in Firefox on this box? EDIT: I take that back. Leaving the page and going back to it let the player load correctly. I think that was a weird side effect of NoScript.

Surely there are some folks here who like the electronica genres so you should have some positive response on it.

Khorus said:

Great to see a physical release. :) CD ordered.

Awesome, thanks! I found out late yesterday that my CDs are backordered, so it'll be a little bit longer before I can send them out (should receive them next Friday), but it'll be in the mail soon.

Aliotroph? said:

Sweet.

Now why won't that odd JavaScript player work in Firefox on this box? EDIT: I take that back. Leaving the page and going back to it let the player load correctly. I think that was a weird side effect of NoScript.

What version of Firefox? The player is having a few issues. Might swap it out for a Flash-based one here soon.

StevieCybernetik said:

Oooh, I like this stuff! ^_^ Definitely hear the Front 242 influence coming through :)

What's funny is that I can never directly hear it myself. But a lot of other people say they hear their influence. Maybe because I listen to them so much...

Partition36 said:

What version of Firefox? The player is having a few issues. Might swap it out for a Flash-based one here soon.

3.6.10 on Windows 7.