Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gemini09

WR line trigger to correspond with Z-height

Hi

I'm wondering if you can have WR lines that trigger only when the player is at the desired floor, in a multi-story environment.

I haven't found anything and I doubt it's possible but you never know. Perhaps someone here has a trick to get around this quirk?

Multistory? Classic Doom?

If it's GZDoom and it's using 3d floors, you can put the action in an ACS script and condition it with a height check function.

There's nothing ACS can't do! Too bad it's like an entirely different tool to work with on top of actually building the map ;)

Thanks. I'll look into it.

gemini09 said:

There's nothing ACS can't do!

Actually, it is very limited. Which is why developers are looking into better script engines (e.g. ZDoom's long-awaited DoomScript or Eternity's planned Aeon).

Jodwin said:

You could also use conveyor belts...

Yeah but having to check the height by using conveyor belts means lots of conditioning that makes it cumbersome.

printz said:

Yeah but having to check the height by using conveyor belts means lots of conditioning that makes it cumbersome.

Not really, especially if you can't jump off the bridge. Just have one extra door blocking the voodoo doll and open it when player gets to the bridge (if it's a bridge connecting two rooms then just add lines that open the door in the ends of the bridge, etc), and if you can jump down, at the same place where you have the bridge-lowering lines add lines that close the door in the conveyor belt.

Gez said:

Actually, it is very limited. Which is why developers are looking into better script engines (e.g. ZDoom's long-awaited DoomScript or Eternity's planned Aeon).

Hope it's brain-dead easy to work with.

Preferably with a GUI :)

It's GZDoom.

EarthQuake said:

Can you use "actor touches floor" sector things in the 3D floor control sectors or something?

Yeah, good idea :) I could have a unique sector surround the WR line on the bottom floor, and another unique sector surround another WR line on the next floor. Perhaps that will work.

But I wonder if "actor touches floor" property can be transferred to 3D floors, though. I'll find out tonight!...