Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

Mortal Kombat && ULTIMATE MK 3

This is my new project, this combine some source code of dk (paused) and new, is for gzdoom, i was working first the escenaries also the fighters for the moment only i added raiden, the idea is make a singleplayer mod first, making the enemies more inteligents.

progress: 50%

Haha! Really cool actually. Never seen anything like it. The video was pretty hilarious but in a good way.

Looks nice, but then again, why to play this when you can play the original thing?
I think it'd be more interesting to use this code to make a similiar mod but with DOOM characters.

Vegeta said:

Looks nice, but then again, why to play this when you can play the original thing?
I think it'd be more interesting to use this code to make a similiar mod but with DOOM characters.

In all honesty I have to agree with this.. why remake something when you can create something new?

doomero-21 said:

that project looks great but the charatcer are players? i mean are playerclasses or skins?

because is not the same as the real game.

"DOOMALITY"
"HEXENALITY"
5 FATALITIES PER CHARACTER
new scenary (doom hell and doom museum)
new intro (goro and doom guy)
history mode
etc.

doomero-21 said:

that project looks great but the charatcer are players? i mean are playerclasses or skins?

I honestly have no clue. WastedYouth isn't around too much anymore. If you are interested in the script or some of the work he has done already on it..I have his cell number I can give him a ring..

Vegeta said:

well firstly, this type of project really shows just how powerful the gzdoom engine is, when you can take the doom source code and turn it into a 3d engine and actually create entirely new games with it, thats pretty unique.
And secondly, the original mortal kombat didnt have 3d environments, this is actually pretty cool... it would be just as good as the original MK with 3d backgrounds and unique camera angles so technically this is something new, not just a pointless remake.

although, it would certainly be very interesting to implement the doom guy side view and make him into a playable fighter! :D
and maybe some easter eggs where the doom guy pops in "WHOOPSIE!!!"

oh and i forgot to ask... doesnt this whole donkey kong/ mortal kombat modding kinda violate copyright laws? I mean I dont know a lot about copyrights and stuff so can someone explain?

well if that be the case, then why is there such a problem with using copyright music in doom mods then? everyone blows up about copyright music but for some reason they support ripping copyright graphics and stuff? dont make much sense...

Korblox10 said:

LOL,two same characters eh?Wish you luck on creating new projects!

if you meaning about the screenshots yea, i was recently started with this.....but every day i am adding something new...rayden is the base of build a perfect code for control the fighter and oviusly apply this to the rest of the fighters.

LOL, 6 year olds posting on Doomworld forums

Awesome. and THANK YOU for not using nashgore.

Haha the doomality is EXTREMELY corny. Also it looks like the fighting got a lot more choppy than the previous videos demonstrated. At least with some of Scorpion's moves anyway.

Dee said:

well if that be the case, then why is there such a problem with using copyright music in doom mods then? everyone blows up about copyright music but for some reason they support ripping copyright graphics and stuff? dont make much sense...

Probably because people are more likely to get annoyed if they run a Doom WAD and are forced to listen to Linkin Park... in a Doom map.

yeah thats understandable, but still I recall so many projects getting flamed and unsupported for something as simple as a "similar" midi. doesnt make it right for the community to contradict itsself just because it turned out to be a cool project.

awesome, looking great! when can we expect to see doomguy as a playable character???