Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Doom Depot - New forums!

I just set up some forums for the Doom Depot. Though they're not as nice as the Doomworld ones, I thought I'd let you all know. :)

Though they're not as nice as the Doomworld ones

I doubt they could be any worse...

/me looks

Nope.

I've had my fill of forums.

elbryan, if you register at rworld, I'll register at yours, there's teh deal! ;)

I would gladly sign up on your forums, but its asking me for my adress...so no.

Hehehe....I'll be showing my face in there, Elbryan. Get ready to ph33r! :p

All that I ask of people who post there is to keep it nice and friendly. Stay mature. No attacking ANYONE.

When did you move from having the 'front end' thru http rather than ftp?

All that I ask of people who post there is to keep it nice and friendly. Stay mature. No attacking ANYONE.

Heh, good luck getting that to work out...

Esco's a mod there! Wheee! (Ain't that a bitch, Arioch?)

So am I. Keep it in line, and I won't come down on you.

That forum rules! Y've got people from DW, DN and ND going there...maybe for once we can all get along. :)

Not likely. Though esco'll try to keep it civil, I'm sure. He'll "void" a bad post after a verbal manbeating, I'm sure.

Like I ever had any intention of visiting.

Any forum moderated or run by the sort of person with the clearly shown ability and willingness to subvert the rule of other forums is undeserving of my time.

Like I ever had any intention of visiting.

Any forum moderated or run by the sort of person with the clearly shown ability and willingness to subvert the rule of other forums is undeserving of my time.

pritch

pritch
DOLT

heh

grow up already. let bygones be bygones. he's gone. drop it.

the reason why i made him a mod is he's fair on how he judges people. he doesn't ban someone just because he hates them. if you come the forum you'll be treated fairly until you start attacking anyone or acting like a jerk. that goes for anyone, even esco. i truly believe that he'll behave. i've dicussed this sort of thing with him already. being a mod is not about playing favorites.

I just think it's interesting to note that even REoL took longer to get banned from the Newdoom forums than esco did... I'm sure someone else will have the specifics, but I'm quite certain KING REoL managed to cling to Newdoom for a time period actually exceeding one week.

Every reason wmull gave about esco being banned from Newdoom, applies here as well... or hadn't you been paying attention?

Yeap, he's gone.
Beyond everything else, playing the race card and threatening the forums admin. will get you wiped pretty quickly.
That's just to answer your question, not to change the topic of this thread.
Carry on.

And then there was this thread which seems to no longer be in existence.

Childish is as childish does, eh.

The reason why that thread is gone is that the bastard decided to delete EVERY post he could find by Esco. Including the one about my forums. Now that's mature. Geez. That's why I hate the New Doom forums. Because no one respects each other there. There's a few friendlies there, but not many. And I can see the Doomworld Forums turning out the same way. I've noticed it happening for the last few months (or longer). But banning Esco is the beginning of the fall of the sophistication of these forums. If you're a mod or an admin you set the example for the posters. Since when has posting in a forum suddenly a pissing contest? Within a few months this place will be no better than the New Doom forums. Someone will post something on Doom and get flamed. You'll see.

And in my defense I would like to say I didn't start this Esco discussion. Arioch did. I was just mentioning that I had forums. And if Arioch somehow has the right to start this stupid topic again, he's abusing his power.

Ban me if you want, I don't care. It'll just prove my point. I never flamed the forums. I never broke the forums. I didn't make a no nonsense post. I have given more to this community than 75% of the Doom fans out there. I stated my opinion. If my opinion somehow means more than my merits, and get banned for that, then I don't want to be around here anymore. Period.

I quote submerge

Esco's a mod there! Wheee! (Ain't that a bitch, Arioch?)

So am I. Keep it in line, and I won't come down on you.

So you see, I didn't start off the discussion, but I did feel it was necessary to clarify a few points which you still stubbornly do not seem able to grasp. There is no plainer way I can try to explain things as we see it to you, and there is still, frustratingly enough, no sign of comprehension from you.

If you no longer feel these forums are worthy of your oh-so-important attention, then by all means leave. Same goes for you, submerge.