Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mithrandir

Infections do strange things to your head

I couldn't sleep so I decided I might as well do something i've been meaning to for a while. I sent this to NTL, dunno if it'll get even a reply of any sort, but what the hell.

"Damnnit, why the hell doesn't Durham get cable? I'm sick of being ass-raped by jumped-up little HPB's on their freakin' cable lines. Gettin' hit by a rocket at 5 seconds distance ain't funny.

Give cable."

**this next part you can skip, coz it's all (more)tosh, 'cept the link at the end**

Anyway, I’ve had a freakish cold for the past 5 days. I keep walking into stuff - like walls, and people, and on Tuesday I fell into the bath when I’d only just finished taking a slash. I got like a massive head-rush, and I thought it couldn't get any worse, but then it did. It should've hurt, but I was too out of it to care much about the bizarre sensation coming from my back. I think it was pain. Still not sure.
Oh yeah, I just recently had a conversation with a mate which went on for 8 hours or so, 'till 3 a.m. in which some of his deepest and oddest secrets were revealed. It started off like the usual 8 hour conversation that you have when round at a friends. Subjects ranged from the use of vaporisers; to the suitability of laminate flooring for cutting of arms. But somehow, towards the hour of midnight, attention shifted from such "usual" prattlings, to rather more seedy, disturbing topics. I don't remember quite how we ventured onto the hilarious/cringeworthy minefield of incest/bizzare-acts-of-self-pleasure, but we did. Wondering around in this peculiar landscape, one of these mines blew up in my face:

"Oh yeah, I could suck myself off if I
really wanted to."

Er, o.k. But then:

"Then again, what's stopping me, really? I mean, it's the closest thing you can get to the real thing, isn't it?"

Ooh, that one must’ve blown out my vocal chords, for I could not speak.

Then, later on he confessed that he suspected that his mother was guilty of incest. With him. Or something pretty fucking close. He claims that he fell asleep on the sofa, and when he awoke, he was lying on his own bed, fully clothed - only his trousers were undone. He then elaborated on his reasons for believing the accusation to be true, although it seems to me he should be trying to disprove it. He also giving details of counter-measures he took against such an event happening again. Basically, he wears underwear all the time.

Something I found recently on Cnet.com, 87 negative reviews
of Doom ’95, the demo, and Doom in general. It’s an amusing read.

i just made a reply to those negatives, stating that the people who said negative stuff are merely kids no older than 13 and that they think it's all about Half-Life and Quake 3.

i read some of the positive rating(bah those negative rating is not worth my time)yup the graphic is dated.but for me ,the graphic looks dated in term of technology,but it stil looks good in term of artistic design.

yup the graphic is dated.but for me ,the graphic looks dated in term of technology,but it stil looks good in term of artistic design.

The graphics were dated the first time CGI ever made it into a movie. So what, they're still top-notch given the engine the artists had to work with. The graphics don't get any worse over time.

I had a kidney disease when I was about 6. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks. It was cool. Excepet for the blood tests.

It sounds lie you to have had a bad bathroom expereince when ill. Check out tobesters thread 'nearly died last night' in Religion and Politics, though rest-assured this won't happen to you. Much more likely that your energy level was really low follwoing your cold. Exerting for a piss actually takes a bit of energy on more of the body's sytmes than you think and after it stuff needs to be re-regulated, like hitting F5 on teh browser. Getting into a hot bath always produces a shock, and I would say that the combination of having the cold, having to deal with what I just said after the piss, and the shock of getting into the bath has caused some kinf of overload. You basically got a bluescreen in realife.exe, but were able to recover.

If it happens again, even if it doesn't perhaps, GO SEE A DOCTOR. You can't be too careful.

BTW, when you say Durham, do you mean Durham univeristy?

I've had some bad bathroom experiences...well, not that bad...I passed out in the bath tub a couple time, and once I was so sick that after I threw up in the toilet I passed out on the floor, and woke up about 8 hours later.

The worst experience I've had ina bathroom was slipping and splitting my forehead open on the toilet rim. Big ouch. Still have the scars.

That's very painful, but at the same time cracking your head open on the shitter has a laconic irony to marvel at.

Heh...there was once they thought I had mono so they took some blood from me. Then they said they found an anomolay in my blood, and had to take some more. They kept doing that, taking more blood each time until they finaly said 'nevermind, I guess it was nothing'. Kinda creepy actualy.

The bath was empty, i just kinda fell wen i'd finished taking a slash, so it was probably blood levels thingymajig.
oh, I am in the same city, but I don't go to Durham uni. Frankly, I wouldn't. There is absoloutely nothing to do here. The brochure for the Uni. advertises the fact that more people who come to durham uni. marry those who they meet here than at any other. All that proves is that people are so bored they just have sex in their spare time coz there ain't nething else.

yeah, come to think about it everyone I knew from school who was boring as hit ended up going to Durham..

Come to Bristol, yay!!!

"lighting"
I've had the game before and it was great.Now I download it and the game is terrible.One can not see whats going on.By the time the monsters go after you you can't see whats happening,but you get killed

Could it not be that you fucking w33ni3 n00bs couldn't find your ways out of E1M1 if Thai whores typed out IDDQD for you, cankersore?

Yesturday at work i got not credit applications, a guest's credit card was denied and refused after 30 minutes of phonecalls for authorization, and i accidentally kept a person's credit card, i felt like i had a page fault in a non-paged erea in my reallife.exe. But now i realize it wasn't as bad as i thought.

Oh yeah, I just recently had a conversation with a mate which went on for 8 hours or so, 'till 3 a.m. in which some of his deepest and oddest secrets were revealed. It started off like the usual 8 hour conversation that you have when round at a friends. Subjects ranged from the use of vaporisers; to the suitability of laminate flooring for cutting of arms. But somehow, towards the hour of midnight, attention shifted from such "usual" prattlings, to rather more seedy, disturbing topics. I don't remember quite how we ventured onto the hilarious/cringeworthy minefield of incest/bizzare-acts-of-self-pleasure, but we did.

Heh, that happens a lot to me. Only, they don't take eight hours to devolve into sex-related stuff, and it's usually not as disturbing as the stuff you mentioned.

the graphic looks dated in term of technology, but it still looks good in terms of artistic design.

I agree 100%

Heh, that happens a lot to me. Only, they don't take eight hours to devolve into sex-related stuff, and it's usually not as disturbing as the stuff you mentioned.

We used to have competitions to see who could be the most filthy/annoy the other by getting inside his head at school. We had a logarithmic scale going up to 17 to measure filth, but in theory 17 was so disgusting that if you said something that was rated 17 it would cause every living thing in the universe to die, hence it was in theory unattainable.

I made 16.979! :)