Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Monster teleport

It's a serious problem for me. I watched several WADs and technics (Scythe, Congestion 1024, Clau1024, etc.), but doesn't works.
How to make to monsters teleports in the level without inside sectors?

I work with Boom format, because I want to simplicity, but monster teleporting have problems always... monster can not "awake" when I shoot, so the wall lowing, the monsters can move into the teleport (which WORKS!), but they not awake, so... no...

I don't want to use inside sectors because it'll be unmakeable, when I want a teleport into the middle of the level...

And there are more little problems, but I try to repair that, when it' time.

you must join the sectors which contain the monsters with a sector in the map where the player fires a weapon, that will awaken the monsters. Also make sure they are not flagged as deaf :P

You must also take floor and ceiling heights into consideration when joining sectors

I think that he wants to teleport a monster without waking it...

Edit: never mind, misread your post. You still might want to try some of the ideas below, or make a fake wall with middle textures that the monsters can see you through, or something.

The only way I can think of to do that in boom is to have a crusher crush a barrel and barely push the monster into a teleport, or can't you just move the monsters with one of those conveyor belt things?

Making them deaf...I've done that before :P

There are two basic ways to get the monsters to wake up, one is that you can make some kind of tiny little tunnel to the monsters so they hear you. Although this is reasonably easy to hide, it's generally accepted as a sloppy way to go about it.

Joining the sectors is much "cleaner" because you don't have to make an 8-unit tunnel and then obscure it from view. What you should do is make the sector your monsters will be in, then select a sector in the play area (just needs sound to travel to it) and the monster sector and click 'join sectors.'

This will make it so the two drawn sectors become ONE sector. They will have the same properties and everything, but will have to completely separate areas. This often happens anyway if you draw a sector that splits another one - you get two unconnected shapes that are still the same sector. If you move the floor of one part, the other part moves. This is why you need to click on the play-area sector FIRST. The sector that you select first will retain it's properties - all others selected will change to match the first one. You might screw this up anyway, which I do all the time, and then when you look in the play area a sector will be at some random height :P

hope this helps

thank you, magicsofa! sector join is perfectly works! I need this mode, without "hearing tunnels", because these tunnels sucks, especially in my 1024-WAD

So the sound only has to travel to the sector that you join with the closet-sector? I mean, you dont have to actually fire a weapon in the specific sector? If so, daaaaamn hahaha, I`ve always used G1 tags on buttons in the opening area (sector which I join with the monster closet sectors) just to awaken the monsters. No need for that then? :S