Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

E2M2 has two starting doors?

I have just realised that E2M2 Containment Area has another starting door hidden and I am wondering where that door would have lead of you were there and tried to open it. Is it just to add to the map, I mean they should have added more stuff like this to maps like MAP24, as you would think a map with nukage storage would have more entrances and exits and emergency exits in case of an accident.

Pic below, this is just a cool thing to have in a map, if someone re-does the episode two maps, do not forget this idea. But in TNT they had that one map with the truck parked at the loading bay possibly delivering goods from the space transport. I think though it is just supposed to be another entrance from E2M1, but that map has only one exit, but was maybe modified by the Demons.

That second starting door is for multiplayer (cooperative), where the other two players enter.

E4M7 has wildly scattered coop starts, by the way.

If you liked "E2M1 has a window!" and "E2M2 has two doors!", be ready for the next Doomworld sensation: "E3M3 has four friggin' doors!"

Gez said:

If you liked "E2M1 has a window!" and "E2M2 has two doors!", be ready for the next Doomworld sensation: "E3M3 has four friggin' doors!"

One may still continue with Episode 2, E2M3, and have something to talk about there! It's the only level in the whole game having that odd feature.

Gez said:

Correction: "the start door on E2M3 is an exit door!"

Seems to be a lot of talk about Episode 2 here recently which is interesting given that I just played through it yesterday. I've actually decided that it's my favorite episode in The Ultimate Doom so I look forward to see how it will be recreated in The Shores of Zdoom.
BTW I was thinking that the remakes for episodes 3 and 4 be called Zinferno and Thy Flesh Zdoomed. ;)

Necros20 said:

I look forward to see how it will be recreated in The Shores of Zdoom.

You'll be waiting a long time for that...

_bruce_ said:

Always liked this little detail regarding E2M2.
One of my all time favs.

Yeah, first time co-oping in that map...

"Where are you??"

"I don't know!!"

I found the dual-start too when I took a look at E2M2 for DDV, but only included one start door. The corridor containing the door links to the gray area separated from the crate maze by a window, though.

Gez said:

In b4 "The Cacodemon has a poop chute!" and it's awesome sequel "The Revenant doesn't wear pants!"

kristus said:

So, have you guys ever played this game called Doom? It's pretty cool.

Really? Then why some argue that, compared to Blake Stone, Doom is a wimpy piece of crap? Wasn't it just about a guy shooting his cousin dressed up as a gargoyle in an abandoned warehouse? I read that in a recent and totally reputable document I found on this new thing called "BBS", so it must be true.

Maes said:

In b4 "The Cacodemon has a poop chute!" and it's awesome sequel "The Revenant doesn't wear pants!"

And let's not forget "If demons are sinistrals - how come so many have right-handed attacks?"

Why does Doomguy hold the regular shotgun and plasma rifle right handed, but use every other weapon left handed? O_o

GreyGhost said:

And let's not forget "If demons are sinistrals - how come so many have right-handed attacks?"

At least the Cyberdemon does it correctly -- not to say "right" -- by using the left hand for firing missiles, and the right leg being so weak it needed prosthetics.

bgraybr said:
Why does Doomguy hold the regular shotgun and plasma rifle right handed, but use every other weapon left handed? O_o

Yeah, guys, why does he use the chaingun, rocket launcher and BFG left-handed?

Seriously, though, I do recall a mainly left-handed person mentioning they do the same thing, firing pistols with the left hand but holding rifles as a right-handed person would. Perhaps it's indeed how Kevin Cloud, who has been mentioned to be the model behind the weapon-holding graphics, holds weapons.

From what I've gathered (not something thoroughly researched, I must admit) a pistol doesn't usually need to change much, if anything, to be useful with one hand or the other while various long arms or two-handed handguns do have a few characteristics to fit holding them with both hands. This means that a left handed person could easily pick up most if not all pistols and use them with the left hand, but may feel awkward using some rifles left-handed. There are left-handed rifles, I believe, but being less common, it may be convenient to be ready to use a rifle or shotgun right-handed.

My friend, who is right handed, would hold a shotgun with her left hand. Pistol with the right, but shotgun with the left.

Why would you use your dominant hand to pull the trigger anyway? It seems to me that your dominant hand would be used to aim, which requires more precision than pulling a trigger.

It would be cool if the exit door of a secret level would lead to a different entrance door in the next regular level. Is this the case in any of the Doom levels?

Sure, it would be great. Sounds like a cool idea to make some scripts in order to make 2 starting points in E1M4, E2M6, E3M7 or E4M3. Well... it will consume some time, won't it?

myk said:

Yeah, guys, why does he use the chaingun, rocket launcher and BFG left-handed?

Seriously, though, I do recall a mainly left-handed person mentioning they do the same thing, firing pistols with the left hand but holding rifles as a right-handed person would. Perhaps it's indeed how Kevin Cloud, who has been mentioned to be the model behind the weapon-holding graphics, holds weapons.

From what I've gathered (not something thoroughly researched, I must admit) a pistol doesn't usually need to change much, if anything, to be useful with one hand or the other while various long arms or two-handed handguns do have a few characteristics to fit holding them with both hands. This means that a left handed person could easily pick up most if not all pistols and use them with the left hand, but may feel awkward using some rifles left-handed. There are left-handed rifles, I believe, but being less common, it may be convenient to be ready to use a rifle or shotgun right-handed.

I don't think so.
I think the doomguy is right-handed.
I saw once in a tv show about special police training, and the guy (wich was right-handed) was instructed to carry the handgun in his left. So, if he needs to reload in the hot combat, just grab the pistol with the left hand. That saves a lot of time instead droping the main weapon first, then using the right hand to grab it, and can save the guy's life.

That could be another way of seeing it, yet Kevin Cloud is indeed left-handed.