Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XAwful

Palette Editors

Inkworks for Vista? Is it available? Or is there something besides DeepSea that can be used to edit PLAYPALs and COLORMAPs?

I haven't tried, but doesn't Inkworks work on DOSBox?

XWE can, but it's not particularly good at it. In particular, its generators for damage/pickup/radsuit tints render them way too opaque, causing visibility issues ingame. Personally, I usually just export the lumps and open them in Photoshop as raw images.

esselfortium said:

XWE can, but it's not particularly good at it. In particular, its generators for damage/pickup/radsuit tints render them way too opaque, causing visibility issues ingame. Personally, I usually just export the lumps and open them in Photoshop as raw images.

Yea I had that issue when making the palette for Claus1024. Wagi made a nifty little utility that fixes the damage tints, atleast (it may fix the other tints as well but I don't remember). I use to have it uploaded somewhere but...I lost the link. So this is a good excuse to upload it again.

http://mekworx.phenomer.net/mekastuff/wads/ColorGenie.zip

Anyways, the version of Inkworks I used for Claus1024 worked in WinXP...atleast well enough to do what I needed it to do. Maybe it'll work in Vista/7 too? Earthquake was making a really cool looking palette editor but I haven't seen any updates about it recently. I will probably be using BHS's tool the next time I make a new palette, so definitely give that a try.

Well, I do lurv me some command programs, so colorgenie or DoomCrap will probably do it, thanks everyone!

You could try the shareware version of Deepsea, which has some very usable lump editing functions which may be used freely. The restrictions only apply to the map editor.