Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pilottobombadier

New metal Cd's coming out

Hey guys, as you all know, a lot of new metal cd's have come out this year. What ones are you looking forward to the most, and/or which ones do you want to get the most, new, recently released (as in maybe a year old) or coming out? I'm really looking forward to the new Judas Priest cd coming out on the 31st of July to N. Am., Demolition. It should be fuckin' awesome! I also really look forward to the new Alice Cooper CD in September...and anyone that says he ain't hard hasn't heard his more recent CD Brutal Planet. I also really wanna get the new Halford live CD Insurrection, and the new Rammstein CD Mutter, which were released a couple months ago.

God, I'm gonna have to start music appreciation classes for you people.

Yes, there would be a portion devoted to Danzig 5, possibly the only "professional" record worse than the Downward Spiral: The goatse.cx of the music industry.

How dare you say The Downward Spiral is crap?! OK, whatever... it's what you think.

Nah, I'm mixed. It was pretty decent. It's one you can either praise or tear to shreds depending which aspect you look at. Me being me, I like to rip on it. I think overall he did pretty decent, although it has amateur/mental block written all over it. It was good for a lot of great remixes though, unlike that Things Falling Apart disc.

I think that that 'Mental block' worked pretty well, if you ask me.

Up and coming:
The new and last Emperor album; should be awesome.
The new Arcturus album; Sverd, Garm and co. are coming back with a new more "metal" album; should be a blast too.

Been and gone:
The Thorns album, hmm, supposedly <i>the</i> best album this year; pish it's just bm :p

SLAYER!!!
'God Hates Us All' is coming out sometime in the next couple of months. It's been put pack like, 6 times or something, but it should be cool.

Lüt, you couldn't teach me a damn thing about music appreciation. I listen to metal, from Judas Priest to Rob Zombie, hard rock from Dire Straits to ZZ Top, intrumental, like Steve Vai or Joe Satriani, and classical, specifically Beethoven. So, what can YOU make ME appreciate regarding music that I don't appreciate already? Nothing at all. I'm so good, you can now all worship me as your audiophile god...even though such things don't exist...ignore that last statement, actually...

It's been put pack like, 6 times or something, but it should be cool.

Hmmmmm... That didn't raise my expectations.

Gamma Ray - "No World Order" (september 10)
Bathory - "Destroyer Of Worlds"

Hope Manowar release his announced CD this year.
And "Demolition" is not even half good than "Painkiller" or classic Judas.
Cya

Nevermore - Dead Heart In A Dead World

Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero

Vintersorg - Cosmic Genises

Borknagar - Quintessence

Disorder - It's been put back due to artwork problems. I think the album's done and dusted. Adn from what I've heard, heavy as fuck. Kerry uses a 7-string.

Lol, that's the first time I've heard someone who listens to metal talking about teaching other people to better appreciate music.

Wouldn't you expect it to be the other way round? :)

BTW, indie is the best type of music. 'nuff said.

Heh, Arcturus is still around? I haven't heard anything of them since '97.

Hmmm, what metal cd's? Cradle Of Filth - Bitter Suites To Succubus, Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero, Static-X - Machine, and a few others. Well actually many others cause there are many, many kewl-ass metal/industrial bands out ther with new cds. Also the new NIN album, and Tool - Lateralus

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD!

Get on some kinda music swap service and find Happy Camper, Underneath The Waves, Oh My Fucking God, In The Rainy Season, Critic, SYL (self-titled song), AAA, Room 429, Centipede and their Judas Priest cover song Exciter. Report back when you've listened to all of this.

I haven't heard the original, but I LOVE the SYL version! It doesn't sound much like their other songs, maybe that's why. It's just a really cool song, very fast and, uh, exciting :)