Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm just wondering why Petersen was asked to decorate bossfight levels (E2M8, E3M8)?! They're both horrible and not even according to their titles. "Tower of Babel", that is just a 4096*4096 field with loads of marble columns and a central building which looks rather ugly and doesn't remind me even a mini-tower. Urgh! -.-

when you jump dowwn the first platform to the cacodemons and barons, if you turn around you clearly see that the sky has the same ceiling height as the starting room corridor. Try lower the ceiling in the starting room or increas the ceiling height in the outdoor area.

The spider arena also has a very wierd wall that isn't impassable. I noticed that u use support3 as lower and upper texture with tekwall2 as the middle texture to create some cooler texture than just tekwall2 alone. Make the wall impassable or leave the middle texture blank and make the small platform as small as possible.

Cell said:

I'm just wondering why Petersen was asked to decorate bossfight levels (E2M8, E3M8)?! They're both horrible and not even according to their titles. "Tower of Babel", that is just a 4096*4096 field with loads of marble columns and a central building which looks rather ugly and doesn't remind me even a mini-tower. Urgh! -.-

As levels themselves, they're not bad. I enjoy playing through them. Living up to their name, though, is another story. Perhaps E2M8 is the top of the tower? The Spider fight could have been better, too.

Ima have to check out this level, can't say for sure if it'll be today.

Vaporizer said:

The spider fight at the end of this level is pretty pathetically easy. It's hard to make a difficult spider battle, but I will try to make it harder for the final version.

Heh, thanks for the heads up!

No ofense dude, but the map is really bad. Blank detailing, and non-sense battles. The cyberdemon fight is harder than the final boss itself, and after all, the level still doesn't looks like a "Hell's Capital" after all.

Vaporizer said:

It's hard to make a difficult spider battle, but I will try to make it harder for the final version.

The Spider itself isn't dificult at all. Lower health than a Cyberdemon, and a not so good attack. Only proffs to be a hard foe when facing it in a open area without cover.

I did once in Zdoom a Spider with 10k health, bigger, and with a 25% of chance to fire a 8-rocket barrage, that worked fine.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

No ofense dude, but the map is really bad. Blank detailing, and non-sense battles. The cyberdemon fight is harder than the final boss itself, and after all, the level still doesn't looks like a "Hell's Capital" after all.

The Spider itself isn't dificult at all. Lower health than a Cyberdemon, and a not so good attack. Only proffs to be a hard foe when facing it in a open area without cover.

I did once in Zdoom a Spider with 10k health, bigger, and with a 25% of chance to fire a 8-rocket barrage, that worked fine.

Dude, it's a vanilla replacement for E3M8. He's keeping in line with the rest of E3's style. It shouldn't have too much detail.

And as for Spider fights, that all depends on how you do them. Although I do concur that the three Cyberdemons are much, much harder than the final boss. Maybe lose one or two?

Solarn said:

Dude, it's a vanilla replacement for E3M8. He's keeping in line with the rest of E3's style. It shouldn't have too much detail.

Ok, I'm not telling him to make a KDIZD shitty detail level, but come on, the original map is better detailed and with a better felling than this one.