Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Epic 2 [released]

I found it late, but I'm glad I did.

Amazing. What else shall I call it?

I enjoyed it a lot, and especially I enjoyed the way it adapted several ideas from games I liked before – or at least I was reminded of them – like style and architecture from "Serious Sam" in e.g. MAP21 (Shore Dream), where I expected a horde of Kleer coming from behind the pyramid, or some of the darker Quake inspired levels with a bunch of opponents being released in traps, similar to my favourite Quake 2 addon "Pax Imperia".

And of course, as to be expected from 'Eternal', the famous skull button riddle from "Eternal DOOM III" MAP12 recreated in "Epic 2" MAP28 (Ogdoad) — gosh, I should have used the map markers...

It was a highly challenging experience, and usually not exactly "unfair"; just Arch Viles being teleported somewhere else can be highly annoying. More than appearing between three cyberdemons, even.

Great work! You certainly deserved your Cacoward 2010.

Finally came across a game-breaking bug; I'm playing with GZDoom 3.4.1 / 3.5 with High Noon Drifter (1.2c). Everything has worked all through the game, but this button here, on the last map (#30) won't activate. Is there anything I can do about this?

Screenshot_Doom_20180731_212304.png.9416bf113bf4894ed859365566e53ae4.png

Thank you for an outstanding megawad. I prefer atmosphere and exploration over combat & slaughter-fests, and whilst it's been pretty tough going, the game's amazing look and expansive levels have kept me hooked!

I managed to work around the issue -- I don't know if this behaviour is intentional, but I was able to get the button to descend by standing on the border (not the button itself) and press the use key. Hope this helps anybody else who might run into this issue.

I'm sure it was intentional, despite being a shitty way to design a button.

btw nice 7 year bump my dude