Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Epic 2 [released]

It's time to annonce upcoming work by Eternal.

Epic2 is vanilla compatible 32 levels megawad on egyptian / space themes and should be finished in middle november (20-25 november I think).

I'll post a few videos from random levels during next weeks if you want.

Temporary link:
http://prboom-plus.sf.net/epic2.zip

WOW, it looks fantastic! I'll try it, it is sure! Especially because I love 1st Epic, altough it was a bit frustraitng due to the difficult level playthrough

This looks great. Like katamori I really enjoyed the first Epic. I wouldn't mind seeing another couple of demo vids. :)

entryway said:
Epic2 is vanilla compatible 32 levels megawad on egyptian / space themes and should be finished in middle november (20-25 november I think).

Vanilla, really? That's kind of a change from the first one, which was so huge you had to write a whole new R_PointToAngle to get it to draw properly :)

Just out of curiosity, did you use graphics from the FPS "Powerslave/Exhumed" for this? Some graphics kind of look familiar, especially that switch... Could just be me, though.

Looks great, anyway! Always like 32 megawads for vanilla, those keep the classic Doom gameplay and spirit alive.

Keeper of Jericho said:

Just out of curiosity, did you use graphics from the FPS "Powerlsave/Exhumed" for this?

Yes. Powerlsave's graphics is there. The wad contains ~1000 'new' textures.

Philnemba said:

Awesomsause! More Egyptian theme maps :D

There is 'space' episode (~10 levels). With aliens :)

Katamori said:

I don't know, how to connect you the Egyptian style with the space base, but it'll be cool :)

With a Doom/Stargate crossover fanfic? :p

Gez said:

With a Doom/Stargate crossover fanfic? :p

okay, okay, when you are creative, you can imagine that, but first time it semms strange... although I like the concept :P

Please more videos and screenshots.
I liked Epic, so really want to see this one.

Pardon my freedom but this looks fucking beautiful. I'm super excited that this is vanilla compatible too. These promotional videos are prefect too. Short (>2 minutes) videos that show enough of the map without giving away too much or too little before he dies perfectly teases me enough to want to play this really badly. With how marvelous his previous releases were, I can't wait.

Seems to be lacking all the little graphical alterations that the first Epic had, in favour of new clip and health item graphics and new sounds. Not too sure which I prefer myself, but the overall project sounds very promising.

Katamori said:

And how many level are finished now?

24+2 are done. Only six levels left. One level per three days (~30-35 hours of mapping) is the planned rhythm. Should be finished at November 20, plus two or three days for final testing. Hope you will like it.

Spaceship automap:

Third episode begins:

Wow, you use sky models? It's compatibile only with the OpenGL-based source ports, or no?

Although looks awesome!

Sky definitions are just ignored by software rendering ports so it's a nice addition but not required to make it work. The original post says vanilla compatible.