Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Admeet

DECORATE non interactive decoration problem

I know this seems like a simple thing to do, but I am having trouble creating a non interactive decoration with only 1 spawn state.

Here is the script i've been writing. It's supposed to be a grounded helicopter if you are wondering.

actor Helicopter
{
Height 60
Radius 30
+SOLID
States
{
Spawn:
HELI A0
}

I am always coming up with this error whenever i'm using Zdoom or Skulltag

Script error, "Doomed Mesa.wad:DECORATE" line 10:
SC_GetNumber: Bad numeric constant "}".

Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

Admeet said:

I know this seems like a simple thing to do, but I am having trouble creating a non interactive decoration with only 1 spawn state.

Here is the script i've been writing. It's supposed to be a grounded helicopter if you are wondering.

actor Helicopter
{
	Height 60
	Radius 30
	+SOLID
	States
	{
	Spawn:
	  HELI A0
}
I am always coming up with this error whenever i'm using Zdoom or Skulltag

Script error, "Doomed Mesa.wad:DECORATE" line 10:
SC_GetNumber: Bad numeric constant "}".

Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

For one you need to specify the number of tics the state should last. For two, you don't put '0' on the sprite frame. It should be a letter between A-Z or the special characters [, \, and ]. Rotations cannot be specified or controlled from states. Finally, you need a special next-frame specifier keyword before the end of the state block, such as "loop", "stop", "wait", or "goto". A frame sequence is not allowed to dead-end in the way you have specified. Also, a bracket to properly terminate the block would be a good idea.

Bad numeric constant means it's expecting to find a numeric constant (in plain English, a number), but instead it finds "}", which is not a number as you would probably agree.

If you want the actor to remain in HELI A forever, you can use -1 as the numeric constant.

See the specs for actor state definitions for reference.

Otherwise, what Quasar said.