Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plutonia Girl

Doom movie trailer

I have no idea what the point of this thread and movie were. Do you care to enlight me (us)?

Torn said:

I have no idea what the point of this thread and movie were. Do you care to enlight me (us)?

Some chick speedrunning Doom.

Marnetmar said:

Some chick speedrunning Doom.

yes, and? Not exactly the first girl speedrunner I have seen. Qwerty was awesome at speedrunning, but I haven't really seen demos by her in a long time.

Hey this is pretty neat! I like your video editing. Especially the parts that went in slow motion and the part where you illuminated the screen when you shot the pinky demon with the SSG. Very cool! I also like the idea of speedrunning random maps, though it's not completely reliable. (Oblige maps can just as easily be replayed as any other map)

What is the trailer for anyway? Is the Doom movie you're suggesting here just going to be a recording of you doing a speedrun through some oblige maps or is there going to be some kinda plot and character development or something?

If I were you I'd use your video editing skills to make an awesome video showcasing some of the best demos you can find for a truly epic viewing experience, rather than just of you playing. Not to say that you're a bad player, but I've seen a ton of Doom speedruns in my day and I can think of a few off the top of my head that have you beat.

Damn I thought this was an actual movie. Not some Doomgirl runnin' through Slige, or Oblige maps or whatever. Nothing against it no.

But why does no one do any cool slaughter map videos?

Clonehunter said:

Damn I thought this was an actual movie. Not some Doomgirl runnin' through Slige, or Oblige maps or whatever. Nothing against it no.

But why does no one do any cool slaughter map videos?

Too much of a drop in fps rate in realtime, and you could just watch the demo. I'd feel bad if someone tried to let's play my maps without top-tier hardware ...

On topic, why'd you remove it? Just cause the first 2 guys bashed it doesn't mean it's at least somewhat interesting. And would justify me replying, heh. 40oz had a good idea, should try that.

I'd really like to see some story development using the Doom engine machinima style. Plutonia Girl, have you ever thought about doing that? You could take a fan fic and turn it into a 'demo' kind of like Imp Encounter. I found that quite interesting. :)

I deleted it, because editing of this video took me over 6 hours, and all you get is pure unfriendly responses from all persons in all communities of DooM, I will not make a 20-minute film that may take me more than 2 days if no one likes it, is a waste of time.

I thought it would taste a bit, I do not know if it's because I really do not like or simply because they want to annoy people trying to do something.

It's something I took some time to do, and it bothers me to be rejected in a totally selfish.

I thought you'd like some. I guess it's my fault for making a video so ridiculous.

What are you talking about? You barely gave anyone a chance to even view the video. Also, only one person here showed no real interest, and you take that as the whole community rejecting your work. No real need to overreact to that degree really is there?

I was pretty interested in seeing this video after what 40oz said, but nope.

Deleted because of negative responses...bleh. We are a community like any else, you won't always get asspats on your work all the time (some of my maps got negative responses and I didn't baww about it) and like any created work, it is bound for criticism so be open about it.

Plutonia Girl said:

I deleted it, because editing of this video took me over 6 hours, and all you get is pure unfriendly responses from all persons in all communities of DooM, I will not make a 20-minute film that may take me more than 2 days if no one likes it, is a waste of time.

I thought it would taste a bit, I do not know if it's because I really do not like or simply because they want to annoy people trying to do something.

It's something I took some time to do, and it bothers me to be rejected in a totally selfish.

I thought you'd like some. I guess it's my fault for making a video so ridiculous.

There would have been less negative responses if we knew what this was supposed to be a trailer for. I think if your opening post explained what you were doing in addition to the video you'd get less bullshit responses. I really liked your trailer because it kicks the shit out of other doom videos I've seen.

u right guys, it happens that I was a bit suseptible by many negative reviews I received for Another doomers, and I was very sad and angry.

I appreciate the comments and constructive criticism I'd like to read.

The film I want to do is simply speedruns in random maps, I hope that when I upload it to your liking.

Now I'll upload the trailer again, so they can see those who could not.

And sorry for the bad English, it is difficult for someone who speaks Spanish, plus my stupid attitude.

It's all good. But I would avoid using text in your movie because of less experience with the english language. If you really do want to use text, you might want to find someone who could translate it better for you.

Video editing skills are definitely pretty neat. I just don't know about a speedrunning movie, doesn't seem like there's much content to put in besides playing levels quickly.

I've just watched the video. The editing was pretty decent, incorporating slow motion is a nice touch (although in some instances it can produce a 'slide show' effect due to the limited amount of frames the sprites display). The concept is a little strange, producing a movie from speedruns? How did you come to this idea rather than making normal speedrun videos? Or is this not as interesting to you...

I'm still really not sure what to think of it though. I can't really tear apart your concept of a "speedrun movie" from the normal speedruns videos that are out there. Not really any depth, or direction, unless i'm missing something.

Ta buena la peli, che... y bienvenida!

I'm certainly not going to complain at the intent of making a movie celebrating speed running in some way. It may be "amateurish" but it has an alluring style, in any case.

There's something like "speed running into the unknown" in the community, it's called first demo attempts or FDAs. You try an unfamiliar map, attempting to reach the exit as soon as possible, restarting it if you die, while recording a demo. A group of Russians started the idea not long ago and it kind of caught on.

Plutonia Girl said:

Gracias por la bienvenida!

De a poco voy entendiendo como funciona esta comunidad... está llena de boludos, como todas.

Pues si. Ta cool su trailer. Bienvenida. De todas las comunidades, esta es una de las mas locas que he visto.