Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

JENESIS - done and on /idgames.

While playing through I saw a couple of stuck things:
MAP08 Things 145 and 591, 150 and 588, 151 and 589.
MAP09 Things 203 and 272.

Also on MAP08 I managed to walk passed the lines with tag 19 (looking for secrets in sector 237).

Really great maps, MAP10 was my favourite.

Yeah you're right, that area was the last one I'd been working on before taking those shots.

How's this?

(Map is done, now. Look, monsters and decorations! Whee!)

Can't quite put my finger on what that level is inspired by... looks like a mix of MM and Requiem.
Either way, it looks fabulous.

You pretty much got it spot-on, Doomhuntress. :P

Mek: Thanks, I'll see what I can do that works. :)

You can go and grab Part 1 over at /idgames now. :) Quite a few things have been fixed since the forum release, so get this version if you'd like to go through the maps again. :)

(However, I realized all too late that MAP10 has a slight HOM/missing texture error in the red key room. Hopefully this is nothing severe, though how it got there is beyond me. It will definitely be fixed for Part 2.)

What does those par times in *.txt mean? I tried to UV-Max the first map. My best result was 5:20. The par time is 4:00... I suck? :-)

EDIT: and what compatibility settings is better for recording on your wad? I've used Boom comp (-complevel 9 in Prboom), is this correct?

Yes -complevel 9 is what I used when testing with PrBoom. (And "Boom (Strict)" is the compatibility mode I used when testing with ZDoom.)

The par times (which also come with MAPINFO if you're using ZDoom) are based on my best efforts to complete the maps on HMP... so I'd imagine that the times would be a lot more difficult to beat on UV (but hopefully not impossible :S). I probably hadn't factored in the extra time required on UV (MAP07 in particular) as much as I should have done when it came to determining the pars, so, sorry about that - I imagine it will make UV-Max runs incredibly frustrating for demomakers. However, I'll take extra care in this regard for Part 2.

Also, sorry that there's not been a lot of progress on this project lately. Motivation to work on it has been kinda low due to RL commitments. MAP19 and MAP20 are the only maps left to finish before I start bugfixing, testing, modifying, and testing again - so not much more work is required, but I'll try and get it done ASAP.

Oh hey look a map.

:O

This is MAP19: The Vulcanum.

This took me... well, fucking long enough at any rate. Hooray for procrastination!

MAP20 is also pretty much finished (it's a very short one...) which means that Part 2's main mapping phase is over. I'll be compiling a list of issues to address after a complete playthrough of all the new maps. And then, testing time. :P

Jimmy91 said:
This is MAP19: The Vulcanum.
[/B]

Nice one. Good to see another sequel to Vulcana. There is also a Vulcana 2 in the upcoming cchest4.

So sexy.
Havent touched Doombuilder in a few weeks, but after seeing this, I`m sooo gonna do some mapping when I get home from work tonight :D

Only thing I dont like is the three horned skulls on the doortextures. Looks too cartoony and...well, more funny than evil :P

Hmm. You've certainly improved! Shot 3 and 4 are rather weak architecture and texturing wise though imo.

Okay, I hear ya. :) I'll keep those door textures in MAP09 though, as that's to be a mainly Requiem-themed map. I could probably use that edited BIGDOOR texture from PL2 for this one. :P

Part 2 is about ready for private testing. I'll need about three or four testers and I'm opening up the slots anew. Please post if you're interested. :D