Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

JENESIS - done and on /idgames.

Thanks, Paul. :)

So hey, not much left to do, it seems. :D Please keep the concerns rolling in, everybody!

Hey, good job with part 3 Jimmy :)
I had a blast playing the latest maps.

In case it hasn't been reported already, I've noticed a place in map 18 in which you can get stuck :

If you jump beyond this wall ( which is quite easy to do ), you'll be trapped with a Baron of Hell ( thing #328 ) and no way out.

valkiriforce said:

Yeah, I'd like to see this get released soon.

You should playtest and give your thoughts if you have time. I'm sure Jimmy would appreciate it. :)

Apologies, I've been slacking a bit. There also seems to be a bit more to fix than I thought. I'll see if I can do something about a third beta, if it's needed. Further feedback on the current beta will help me out tremendously. :)

Here's what is hopefully the final public beta of Jenesis, Pt. 3.

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/rtqOieHFZY/jenesis3-beta3.zip

Too many little things have changed for me to write a list here. I'm just glad it's ready - it should've been yonks ago. x( Sorry 'bout that.

The project is very very very close to completion. I just need the last few bits of feedback necessary to make it absolutely flawless before uploading to /idgames. Hope you enjoy it! :D

One of the final things on my wishlist for Jenesis is that you make a damn custom midi for MAP26: The Savage Abyss. ;) But this is just a personal nitpick that you may brush aside.

Minor stuff:

-Map31 is supposed to have a custom music track of yours on it, but it's just a TNT track as far as I can tell.

-The intermission texts are not changed.

-Going by pure guess, raise the overall difficulty 5-10%. (half-serious, half-kidding)

MegaDoomer said:

Minor stuff:

-Map31 doesn't have a new music track, it's still from Evilution.

-The intermission texts are not changed.

- It's not finished (but it should be). Same goes for the other maps that are specified as having new tracks in the text file when in fact they don't.
- What sourceport are you using? The texts are specified in the DEHACKED lump so they should display in Boom. They definitely do in ZDoom.

DeathevokatioN said:

One of the final things on my wishlist for Jenesis is that you make a damn custom midi for MAP26: The Savage Abyss. ;) But this is just a personal nitpick that you may brush aside.

It is custom - it's a track by Jamie Robertson that didn't get featured in Plutonia 2. :P Personally, I love it.

(Did you mean MAP27? That uses a Symphony X MIDI.)

Jimmy91 said:

- It's not finished (but it should be). Same goes for the other maps that are specified as having new tracks in the text file when in fact they don't.
- What sourceport are you using? The texts are specified in the DEHACKED lump so they should display in Boom. They definitely do in ZDoom.

Intermission texts - Display with ZDoom but not with PRBoom+ (latest version 2.5.1.1).

Map31 music - As soon as it's ready, can you update the download? I'm really looking forward to hearing what creative midi you have to go with such a creative concept for a level. :) Same goes for other maps for that matter - is Memento Medley finished in particular?

Jimmy91 said:

It is custom - it's a track by Jamie Robertson that didn't get featured in Plutonia 2. :P Personally, I love it.

(Did you mean MAP27? That uses a Symphony X MIDI.)

Oh, I remember it using a TNT: Evilution midi? I'll check it out again. If it is custom then my bad.

Edit: yup, my bad sorry Gimmy91 :P

MegaDoomer said:

As soon as it's ready, can you update the download? I'm really looking forward to hearing what creative midi you have to go with such a creative concept for a level. :) Same goes for other maps for that matter - is Memento Medley finished in particular?

Yes I can, although I can't say for sure when they'll be done. Recently I've been a bit unmotivated to work on any kind of music. Hopefully soon. Memento Medley hasn't gotten much further than me taking a bunch of Tolwyn/Klem riffs and sticking them into the same MIDI file. :S

Jimmy91 said:

Empty lines in a BEX section is a ZDoomism.

I'm excited to see projects like this and Doom the Way Id Did coming to a close. It'll be great to see them both finally getting a release sometime soon.

Bumping this motherfucker as I've finally got around to playing some of the maps. Up to map05 and having a ball so far, you've certainly grown a lot over the years. :)

What's the latest on the project? Made any progress on the midis?

Sorry 'bout the delay and whatnot, I've had other things on my mind, especially since our emmigration to Australia is almost underway. It's been absolute havoc over here. D:

I'm also aware that I'm fast running out of time if I want this to be eligible for a Cacoward (I can see it's been nominated a few times but no /idgames release means it won't even be considered). There are literally only a few changes left to make since I'm fairly happy with the WAD in its current form and I've had little feedback in the last few weeks, which to me means that it's good as it's gonna get.

To be honest, I will probably make the release today (without the three extra MIDIs I have left to do - they've been driving me mental as I've had nearly no creative energy lately), because I have no guarantee if we'll even have an internet connection at all once we get out there.

So yeah, sorry for keeping everyone waiting. An /idgames link is coming VERY VERY soon. :)

Jimmy91 said:

Sorry 'bout the delay and whatnot, I've had other things on my mind, especially since our emmigration to Australia is almost underway. It's been absolute havoc over here. D:

I'm also aware that I'm fast running out of time if I want this to be eligible for a Cacoward (I can see it's been nominated a few times but no /idgames release means it won't even be considered). There are literally only a few changes left to make since I'm fairly happy with the WAD in its current form and I've had little feedback in the last few weeks, which to me means that it's good as it's gonna get.

To be honest, I will probably make the release today (without the three extra MIDIs I have left to do - they've been driving me mental as I've had nearly no creative energy lately), because I have no guarantee if we'll even have an internet connection at all once we get out there.

So yeah, sorry for keeping everyone waiting. An /idgames link is coming VERY VERY soon. :)

I hope you're not leaving! :( You make great maps, I hope your emmigration to Australia goes well & good luck handling it but also that you can at least eventually continue your contribution in this community. :) But OTOH I know real life just gets in the way sometimes, and that's just a fact to deal with.

I'm certainly not going to stop loving Doom and making maps for it. I'll try and keep up some regular output next year once I'm out in Oz, between online courses and expanding my musical career as much as possible. :)

Jimmy91 said:

I'm certainly not going to stop loving Doom and making maps for it. I'll try and keep up some regular output next year once I'm out in Oz, between online courses and expanding my musical career as much as possible. :)

Well that sounds nice. I wish good luck. :) Looking forward to Jenesis and I hope you get a Caco. Despite any small gripes I'd say it deserves one (though I'm not sure I'm in the "it's better than Reverie" camp). But that easily could be at least part biased because my testing contribution and time dedication to Reverie ended up being much more, sorry about that because I don't want to put your work down at all! :)

So I hope the best with the final release of Jenesis (and appreciably please include a Mediafire or some other download site link to it if you don't mind because actual appearance to /idgames can take a week or two sometimes) and hope all else goes well so we'll see you again in not too long. :) Keep loving Doom, I both think and hope it's life & community is still far, FAR, FAR from over!

Oh, and by the way, if you've not finished the music for Map31 yet, just go ahead and fill it with the track from Map03 of All Slige'd Up, it's a near pristine fit in and of itself IMO. :)

JENESIS (6.66MB)

We're done here. :D

EDIT: It's currently sitting in /incoming. Seeing as I'll be on the other side of the world for good in a couple of days' time, and will be without internet until further notice, would someone do the honor of posting the link, and editing the bottom of the wiki page once it goes through? Thanks in advance.

See you guys in a little while. ;)

Jimmy91 said:

expanding my musical career as much as possible. :)

For sure and we can do some originals together and some studio sessions (mastering in the PCORF way). Looking forward to meeting you sometime next year.

Congrats with the megawad release dude, definitely playing through this after I'm finished with my logic exam on Tuesday and.... Hooray, we have another 'Aussie' doomer! Join the gang :D :D

Cool to see this finished :)

I'll have to give the last few maps I haven't played a whirl, but undoubtedly, they'll be plenty o' fun. The abundance of megawads has caused me to fall a bit behind.

Snakes said:

The abundance of megawads has caused me to fall a bit behind.

Hmm - I'm having the same problem. It's either playing megawads or mapping for them these days, it'd appear!