Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

JENESIS - done and on /idgames.

Just sent beta 2 to the testers. Most, if not all, of the problems that were reported, have been addressed. :)

Looking forward to the end result of this. I'm getting back my DooMing computer tonight so at least I know I'll be able to enjoy this when it comes out!

Mechadon and MegaDoomer have played through the whole of the second beta now (although Mek is still working on his report, as well as heaps of schoolwork, apparently :P).

Could I get an approximation from each of my other testers (Sigvatr, DoomHero85, Marnetmar and Lawstiker) as to when they will be done with the whole set?

omegamer: I have enough testers right now, sorry. I'll work on the feedback I get from beta 3 (once that's released), and then I'll upload it to /idgames, so you'll get the chance to play it soon enough, don't worry. :P

Just need to finish up balancing the health/ammo issues, properly implement all the difficulty settings, make some improvements to MAP11, test thoroughly, and then beta 3 will be ready. :)

Beta 3 has been sent to the testers. Once I've acted on the feedback I gain from this beta, I will release it publicly. ;)

Mechadon and MegaDoomer have provided feedback for beta 3 which has been acted on, and the WAD is just about ready for release.

Lawstiker, Sigvatr, DoomHero85 and Marnetmar - please report back.

Jimmy91 said:

Mechadon and MegaDoomer have provided feedback for beta 3 which has been acted on, and the WAD is just about ready for release.

Lawstiker, Sigvatr, DoomHero85 and Marnetmar - please report back.

Played the first 4 levels and everything seems good so far. I won't be able to finish my play through until Friday though. Hope thats alright.

It's ready!

DOWNLOAD (2.07MB)

Yeah, I had to release it in some form today. :P So I figured it was time for a forum-wide release - this isn't going on /idgames just yet, but all feedback before it does will be very much appreciated. ;)

Please enjoy! :D

A full megawad is planned. A week from now I get another 2 weeks off school, so I will start work on Part 2 then. ;)

Cool shit Jimmy. I haven't played it yet, I don't have the time for it at the moment, but I'm anxious to give it a whack.

Yep, it's official: Garden Terminal II is one of my favourite maps of all time. If you were a mannequin I'd thieve you and take you home.

Very, very well done. Map06 here we come!

Fuck. I wish I never saw this thread today, because I cant play it until tomorrow or sunday!

I`m already in love with this WAD, and I havent even tried it yet.

edit: is it co-op friendly?? Please say yes? :o

My roomie is a casual Doomer and a friend of mine which also is a Doomer is living with us at the moment. Playing through this, hungover as hell, on sunday would be the perfect chillax thing to do!

It should be co-op friendly, but make sure you play on UV for maximum fun, since I didn't add any multiplayer-only monsters. I will probably add some for the /idgames release. ;)

Congrats on finally getting this released Jimbo! Hopefully all of that testing and fixing was worth it. I know I really enjoyed these maps and I'm eager to see what you come up with for Part 2 :D

Jimmy91 said:

A full megawad is planned. A week from now I get another 2 weeks off school, so I will start work on Part 2 then. ;)

No, you'll get to work on a map for CC4 like you promised in the sign-up thread:

Jimmy91 said:

Sorry, have been neglecting this project. Once Jenesis Part 1 is released (not long now, honest!) I'll pick it up again.

I wish I wasn't so tired so that my sleep deprivation wouldn't interfere with my ability to play. I've beaten MAP01 and I really like it so far. My only gripe with it is that it feels a little too orthogonal, with the exception of a few 45 degree angle lines. The first map was very fun and lovable. The gameplay is kind of tame but not by any means boring. It's like Scythe meets Icarus or something. I love it so far.

I get a texture error when trying to run this with Eternity. And also, why is the Deh file not embedded in the wad?

johnfulgor: Oh, crap. D: I thought I'd fixed that glitch like months ago. (Don't you just love it when bugs you know you've fixed once already come back to haunt you after you've released the WAD? :|) Anyway, please make sure you run the latest version of whichever sourceport you're using - 2.4.0 is a very outdated version of ZDoom, and I'm not sure how old Boom 2.0.2 is, but either way, I still use PrBoom+ to get the best compatibility out of my Boom maps. Please try it out with either of those ports. :)

40oz: Thanks for the feedback man. :) I'm afraid I do like my rectangles, but hopefully you'll find the room shapes more appealing as you progress, particularly MAP10, which is almost all rocky ledges and chasms. :P

Kristus: The "Resheph" build works fine for me. :S When exactly do you get the error and what does it say? As for the DEHACKED patch, I guess I'll re-embed it. WhackEd2 doesn't seem to like it anyway. :(

Lawstiker: Don't worry - I did want to release it on the 10th at the latest, but I never made that clear - sorry, my bad. :P

Jimmy91 said:

Kristus: The "Resheph" build works fine for me. :S When exactly do you get the error and what does it say? As for the DEHACKED patch, I guess I'll re-embed it. WhackEd2 doesn't seem to like it anyway. :(

When I try to run the wad of course. It says "There was 1 texture error." and then crash.

BTW: I did play the first map in ZDoom, the music starts out fine. But then it turns into some whaling soloing shit that was piercing my ears like you wouldn't believe. Like fingernails on a black board.

Nope, can't reproduce any sort of startup crashes here. I can't help you with just that information. :(

As per the music, my only recommendation in your case would be to have it turned off, unless you're using some kind of soundfont with a particularly bad distortion guitar sound. Otherwise I can't see how that song would be offensive to the ears. :S I mean sure, the guitar goes high, but it does also on a lot of other MIDI songs - Icarus MAP25 being one example.