Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keithktam

save problem with slade3 saving

has anyone experience the same thing? i was in many occasions unable to save the modified wad in slade 3. it seems the safest way is to click the save icon on the top left, click ok, then, click save all. the problem i am having is that no matter which button i press, the save all button on the top left or save changes button on the bottom right, it never give confirmation with a little windows with ok or cancel. the chance for unsave is higher if multiple wads or pk3 are opened. there were many times i clicked exit, and slade 3 closed without saving....

any suggestion to my problem??

thanks!!

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Clicking save will always save any changes made to the archive.

Unless, you mean, if you change the contents of an entry but don't click 'save changes' below it. Come to think of it I haven't added a check there when closing, so if you close with unsaved entry changes it'll ignore them. Just make sure you click that 'save changes' button before closing, for now.

SlayeR said:

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Clicking save will always save any changes made to the archive.

Unless, you mean, if you change the contents of an entry but don't click 'save changes' below it. Come to think of it I haven't added a check there when closing, so if you close with unsaved entry changes it'll ignore them. Just make sure you click that 'save changes' button before closing, for now.

thank you. will try to remember to press the button. but in the long run, really need to do something about it. for me , i actually ok with it, cause i am not exactly a wad modder. but for large projects, with lots of wad at the same time, that may be a potential problem...

let me clarify my problem, that was late night, my eng sloopy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
ok here it is:
i think the main problem is that it never gives you any confirmation after you saved. for example, for a WORD document, there are two ways to save a document, one, click the "save" button, window pops up , ask for you confirmation, ok and cancel. two, you click exit on the top right, same thing would occur, windows pops up, ok and cancel.
for Slade3, you do get a confirmation in some cases, 1.you click the save button on the top left, if it is a decorate lump, window pops up, with "do you want to save decorate, ok and cancel"

2. you click the "save changes" button real hard to be sure, when you click exit on the top left, it will ask you "do you want to save changes to xxx.wad, ok and cancel." if you press ok, it saves all the changes you made to that wad.
the real problem is: in case number 1, you click ok to confirm, then click save all button next to it, NO confirmation for the save all.

in case number 2, when you click "save changes", again NO confirmation, so one may not exactly sure if save function been executed. so the problem become: if you did not save correctly, on you way to exit the program, it would be too late, cause again, NO window pops up to confirm or warn, and it would just close.
experience to shared:
if you are editing the wad with two or more text lump, a decorate and a keyconf in my case. clicking the other lump would trigger the confirmation for saving the decorate, for example. ok and cancel as usual, but if you forget to press the "save changes" at the bottom right, there would be a chance the program just close without saving on your way to exit.

having multiple wad to edit in the program also increase the chances for this glitch.
hope that clear the confusion.

again, sorry and thank you for your help.