Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bgraybr

Unnamed Doom 1 Megawad

As the title might suggest, I'm currently working on a megawad for vanilla Doom1/Ultimate Doom. I'm only finished with part of the first map (plus layouts for a few others), because I'm an extremely slow mapper, but I planning on finishing this so I might as well make a thread about it.

I'm aiming for an Episode One replacement first, maybe a full 3 episodes depending on how I feel about the project after 9 maps.

Here's some screenshots (taken in Prboom+, but I'm doing all of the testing in Chocolate Doom.

http://forbidden.randomns0123.com/screens/

Hopefully the maps aren't to bland, I've been working on texture alignment and haven't added any detail yet, except for in places where it was needed for texture alignment (I'm way under vanilla limits in quite a few places).

From what I can pick up it looks a little squarish and boxy, maybe try cutting rooms at different angles and experiment with room shapes to make it a little more interesting? Good luck on your project.

I would convert the BMPs into JPG or PNG for size sake, some folks do have some bandwidth limits, particularly satellite users.

DeathevokatioN said:

From what I can pick up it looks a little squarish and boxy, maybe try cutting rooms at different angles and experiment with room shapes to make it a little more interesting? Good luck on your project.

You're right now that I look at it, the starting arrow is pretty much just a bunch of narrow hallways, it does branch out later though. I might redo those areas.

---

I don't really have much to show for this wad right now I know, but I'll be dumping screenshots in that folder regularly, I'll bump this thread again when all 9 maps are playable and I'm looking for playtesters.