Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EllipsusD

Prologue: Versions.

Yeah, I know it's a stupid idea, and it's boring, and it's been discussed before, and you probably think I have no business posting here, but I'm bored and I want to start something. It would take a dolt (no offence, pritch) to not realize that everyone here has a very distinct writing style, as well as a different way of seeing things.

What I propose is that everyone takes a few minutes/hours and writes a short story describing the events that take place between when the Doomguy recievs news of the distress signal and when he opens the door to E1M1- or any smaller segment within that.

Yeah, it's all about the same thing, but I think it would be interresting to see how everyone handles the task. If this post gets a positive responce, then I might show everyone how lacking my writing skills are, but until then...

The door is jammed... Demons come and eat your officer... No one brings lunch so you decide to investigate... You pick up the pistol from a dead body... Welcome to Doom I: WHERE'S MY FUCKING LUNCH?

Hummmmmm, this'll be a bit hard for me to accomplish.
I just finished my contribution for wildman's Doom Antology a few days ago and since I was (still am) busy writing Evil Unleashed (which I put a lot of work into) my antology story ended up being a low-quality story (it is imo, when I compare it to "D-E U").
It's quite difficult for me to keep up one large story "project" and writing another story at the same time. Most of my focus is on "E U" which means that I probably can't put a lot of work into another shorter story.

Conclusion: If I begin to write such a story as you propose, it might end up being a low-quality story - you've been warned.

dsm: I understand where you are coming from. All I was really looking for was something maybe a page or so (more would be great) from people. But it would be better if you remained focussed on your current project... I would rather that it wasn't affected by taking the time to write something to this.

Anyway, I actually think it's a great idea to have a thread where people post THEIR interpretation of the Doom prologue.

Hm, it doesn't seem like anyone here is interested in posting their interpretation of the Doom prologue.

I like this, it's a good idea. I'll do it after my upcoming English Exam and Service 18: Part 2 is completed.