Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DASI-I

Doom 4 should have...

Listen guys, sorry for being a jackass. Your thoughts on DOOM 4 are very informative and creative. I believe DOOM 4 should kind of be like Borderlands in the sense of a gazillion guns. Also, I think DOOM 4 should have more brutality and tons of blood and gore. And more ways to dismember monsters. Less emphasis on a horror atmosphere... more on an action atmosphere...

Even DOOM for the Playstation 1 was actiony. Sure it was horror but mainly action. Yes, I know you guys mock me and think I'm some evil 10 year old high-pitched squealing bastard.... but I am not. Aside from derailing.... Back on topic...

DOOM 4 should have reloading, iron sights, atmosphere, good dark story, no cliffhangers, tons of demons on screen at once, tons of blood and gore, and tons of ways to kill demons and music that pumps up the player like DOOM for the PC.

idSoftware981 said:

I know you guys mock me

Reposting the same crap that you've dominated the past 11 pages of this thread with isn't going to win any hearts and minds. Just saying.

idSoftware981 said:

Listen guys, sorry for being a jackass. Your thoughts on DOOM 4 are very informative and creative. I believe DOOM 4 should kind of be like Borderlands in the sense of a gazillion guns. Also, I think DOOM 4 should have more brutality and tons of blood and gore. And more ways to dismember monsters. Less emphasis on a horror atmosphere... more on an action atmosphere...

Even DOOM for the Playstation 1 was actiony. Sure it was horror but mainly action. Yes, I know you guys mock me and think I'm some evil 10 year old high-pitched squealing bastard.... but I am not. Aside from derailing.... Back on topic...

DOOM 4 should have reloading, iron sights, atmosphere, good dark story, no cliffhangers, tons of demons on screen at once, tons of blood and gore, and tons of ways to kill demons and music that pumps up the player like DOOM for the PC.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or stupid. Doom 3 have hundreds of thousands of guns? Are you shitting me?

My vision of what Doom 4 should be is not a Borderlands-wannabe.

I think demons should be able to rip and tear their way through the environment. The pinky bashing in the door and crashing through the glass in Doom 3 is a good example. This should be given, not scripted.

I have a lot more ideas, but I cbf'd atm.

idSoftware981 said:

You're still retarded I see. Also, didn't you always advocate NO reloading throughout this topic??

I was thinking about the story and I realized that in a game like this good PRESENTATION is more important than a story. You could have a simple but enjoyable story SUPPORTED by something like a PDA. This way, you could get as much story as you want from the game. No matter how good it is it will not work if it is shoved down our throats, that is against what Doom stands for. Of course for this a better writer would be needed because the PDA messages in Doom 3 were not very engaging.

DOOM 4 should have....

Outstanding graphics which will make critics go like "FUCK CRYSIS 3!"

No iron sights, iron sights are stupid. We already have a fucking crosshair.

No reloading, reloading is overdone these days we need to make a tribute to Classic DOOM.

Tons of demons on screen at once.

Creepy atmosphere, but still maintain action like DOOM 64 and DOOM PS1.

Badass sound effects.

Limited ammo... I know some people might disagree with me on this. But I think this would be great.... part of the fun of DOOM was searching for ammo....

It should really scare us but also make us laugh and have a good time.

It should give us tons of nightmares if we play it at midnight.

It should be DOOM not a COD rip-off or some shitty-ass Borderlands wannabe.

Fuck regenerating health we need medikits.

We also need tons of blood and gore. I want to feel like I AM killing demons... not going like "HAIZ DEMON!" then going like "PEW! PEW!" I don't want weak weapon sounds... I want meaty weapon sounds like DOOM for PS1....

Also, either this for DOOM 4...

Or just tons of heavy metal music, tons of blood and gore, no reloading, bunnyhopping, rocket-jumping, secret-finding, no-regenerating health, tons of demons on screen at once, headbanging action....

idSoftware981 said:

DOOM 4 should have....

Outstanding graphics which will make critics go like "FUCK CRYSIS 3!"

No iron sights, iron sights are stupid. We already have a fucking crosshair.

No reloading, reloading is overdone these days we need to make a tribute to Classic DOOM.

Tons of demons on screen at once.

Creepy atmosphere, but still maintain action like DOOM 64 and DOOM PS1.

Badass sound effects.

Limited ammo... I know some people might disagree with me on this. But I think this would be great.... part of the fun of DOOM was searching for ammo....

It should really scare us but also make us laugh and have a good time.

It should give us tons of nightmares if we play it at midnight.

It should be DOOM not a COD rip-off or some shitty-ass Borderlands wannabe.

Fuck regenerating health we need medikits.

We also need tons of blood and gore. I want to feel like I AM killing demons... not going like "HAIZ DEMON!" then going like "PEW! PEW!" I don't want weak weapon sounds... I want meaty weapon sounds like DOOM for PS1....

Also, either this for DOOM 4...

Or just tons of heavy metal music, tons of blood and gore, no reloading, bunnyhopping, rocket-jumping, secret-finding, no-regenerating health, tons of demons on screen at once, headbanging action....

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!

Looks like a version 2 of the montage will be in order. Seriously, for fucks sake, why do you keep changing your fucking opinion? Now you're saying we DON'T need Iron Sights or Reloading? MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!!! Assuming you have one that is...

Caffeine Freak said:

Doom 4 should just be a game where you run around for 12 hours shooting demons with idsoftware981's face pasted across their heads.

Seconded.

Eris Falling said:

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!

Looks like a version 2 of the montage will be in order. Seriously, for fucks sake, why do you keep changing your fucking opinion? Now you're saying we DON'T need Iron Sights or Reloading? MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!!! Assuming you have one that is...

Looks like you'd better fire up MS Paint and get that Montage 2.0 pumped out. I thought he had gone away, but somebody flagged the re-spawn option on him.

Or maybe we're just in Nightmare mode. Ha ha ha...

Can we please get this thread back on track? I know he is annoying but if you stop replying to his posts he might go back under his bridge.

Doom 4 will have steam (internet connection needed), nevertheless I will buy it. We all hope for enough blood Mr. Carmack :-)!

Let's hope Mr Carmack doesn't get fucked over by Bethesda. That company had no involvement in Doom 3, and - I can't say for sure because I've not played the BFG edition - from what I've read, I'm actually slightly scared about how Doom 4 will turn out.

Eris Falling said:

Let's hope Mr Carmack doesn't get fucked over by Bethesda. That company had no involvement in Doom 3, and - I can't say for sure because I've not played the BFG edition - from what I've read, I'm actually slightly scared about how Doom 4 will turn out.

Are you saying this because of RAGE? Zenimax had not involvement in that project and Bethesda is awesome!They gave us free mounted combat in a patch for Skyrim.

I think Bethesda only controls tactical movement, for instance if it wasn't for them, Carmack would have talked about DOOM 4 even during QC11. BFG Edition crap comes from id guys losing perspective. How that will transfer to DOOM 4 remains to be seen.

My goodness... people think I'm a troll? No, those were legit opinions. I don't call you a troll when you make a statement about DOOM 4. Everyone is just bashing me as usual... :(

Ah well, the FOV for consoles should at least be 90 or higher... I'm sick of this FOV being 60.

Touchdown said:

There's no way DOOM 4 is gonna have a higher FoV than that.

Why would 90 look so bad? I mean, chances are you'll be playing it on a 16:9 monitor anyway.

Agentbromsnor said:

You're still retarded I see. Also, didn't you always advocate NO reloading throughout this topic??

And.....we're back at square one.

Eris Falling said:

Inb4 soda raging about it being 80.

I won't, now that I learned that the FOV was actually relative to a 16:9 aspect ratio as opposed to it being traditionally relative to 4:3. Thus, id software's now preferred 80 is actually equivalent to 64 normal FOV.

Honestly, though, it's pretty good if you play it in widescreen, but annoyingly low if you use a 4:3 monitor.

GoatLord said:

Why would 90 look so bad? I mean, chances are you'll be playing it on a 16:9 monitor anyway.

One of the reasons for low FoV is that it feels more natural when you're on a couch, sitting a good distance from the TV. I don't play on consoles so I can't confirm but of course on a PC, when you're close to the monitor, you need a higher FoV to retain the natural feel. But since all games are designed on consoles first, PC gets a carbon copy of what was set on the console.

Another reason that I think someone from id stated (but I can't confirm) is that 60 has less distortion (stretching) on the edges of the screen. I disagree with that because one, 90 still doesn't look like a fish-eye effect. And two, in a real world everything you see on the edges is completely blurred but you still need it because if you'd only see what you see with a 100% focus, it wouldn't feel good at all.

And finally the biggest reason for low FoV: performance. Lower FoV means less things on screen. And because consoles are already completely out of power, devs need to save it however they can. PC can easily outperform consoles and handle higher FoV but not every developer cares to add a FoV slider.

There's still hope though. I've heard the patch for BFG Edtition will include a FoV slider amongst other things. Maybe id will recognize that fact and include it in DOOM 4 right away.

Touchdown said:

(...)I've heard the patch for BFG Edtition will include a FoV slider amongst other things. Maybe id will recognize that fact and include it in DOOM 4 right away.

Hopefully the BFG Edition will serve as a test for what to not do on Doom 4.