Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DASI-I

Doom 4 should have...

Joe667 said:

Ok Kaskaum, I'll come out and say it in one post: your suggestions are shit.

If anything, Doom 4 needs to be exactly the same as it is now. We can't have anything slower than this, as it is needed and makes DeathMatch that little bit better.

Also, Kaskaum, stop trying to turn Doom into Resident Evil. It is not.

I'm trying to stop Doom from being a failure as Serious Sam which nobody takes it seriously. If what you want is a Serious Sam - ROTT Remake under id tech 5 graphics, Demons and Doom logo, be prepared to have a bomb of a game that will flop in sales as those two games.

The "Mario bros of the shooters" idea which still is used by those two games mentioned above will only lead Doom to the same cliff as they are.

It simply doesn't work for an AAA game today as it used to do in the 80 - 90s, and ID knows that, the last shooter from id that had this approach as far as I remember was Quake 1, after that, they tried to follow the market trends in order to keep competitive introducing a better plot as you can see in Q2 - Q4(My problem with Q2 - Q4 was the total change of a "strange universe from another dimension" plot to aliens, it was a too big change for Quake, maybe because it was too close to Doom basic idea of Hell dimension).

Just let Doom evolve and let the work of remaking D1-D2 with ID tech 5 next gen graphics for moders.

I would be satisfied if DOOM had the speed of Quake 4 before strogg transformation without sprint, and after strogg transformation speed with sprint.

Kaskaum said:

I'm trying to stop Doom from being a failure as Serious Sam which nobody takes it seriously. If what you want is a Serious Sam - ROTT Remake under id tech 5 graphics, Demons and Doom logo, be prepared to have a bomb of a game that will flop in sales as those two games.

The "Mario bros of the shooters" idea which still is used by those two games mentioned above will only lead Doom to the same cliff as they are.

It simply doesn't work for an AAA game today as it used to do in the 80 - 90s, and ID knows that, the last shooter from id that had this approach as far as I remember was Quake 1, after that, they tried to follow the market trends in order to keep competitive introducing a better plot as you can see in Q2 - Q4(My problem with Q2 - Q4 was the total change of a "strange universe from another dimension" plot to aliens, it was a too big change for Quake, maybe because it was too close to Doom basic idea of Hell dimension).

Just let Doom evolve and let the work of remaking D1-D2 with ID tech 5 next gen graphics for moders.

I would be satisfied if DOOM had the speed of Quake 4 before strogg transformation without sprint, and after strogg transformation speed with sprint.

Alright man, here's the thing, Rise of the Triad and Serious Sam are NOT Doom, and neither had hope of doing even close to what Doom is going to do, sales wise, for a few major reasons:

1. Croteam and Interceptor are NOT id Software, they lack (no offense to either team) the talent and resources a big studio like id software can afford.

2. Both games are silly, over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek games that lack the atmosphere and sense of place that Doom has

3. Neither of those games are as good as ANY of the Doom games, as far as level design and gunplay are concerned. I'd even argue that Doom 3 and RoE are better games than the two games you keep mentioning.

This argument that a fast paced and classic-styled Doom game would fail just because a couple indie games sold badly, is short sighted. It's like saying Super Mario 3D World can't be a level-based platformer, because Sonic Lost World is a level-based platformer and sold badly. What makes you assume that the speed of SS3 and RotT were what held those games back? Maybe it was marketing, game quality, brand recognition, and a lack of a physical release?

Kaskaum said:

You are the reason why the gaming industry sucks now-a-days. You are that one gamer that tells the companies it's not about the gamer it's about the money.

I fucking hate it when people care more about the money than the consumer.

We are the consumer, we want to actually you know have a fucking DOOM game you know. We don't want any of your shitty suggestions for Call of Mcgeneric: Modern Halo Titanfall fest.

I'm sick'n tired of you trying to make DOOM modern by putting shitty ass generic shooters in it.

Yes Halo is extremely Generic just like Titanfall. It has regenerating health and a two-weapon limit. You can't find secret areas, the story is lame, everything. Trust me, I've played Halo before and I used to own an Xbox 360 until I traded it in for a Wii U which was the smartest move I have ever made.

DOOM isn't going to fucking be Serious Sam. DOOM isn't going to fucking be Rise of the Triad either.

Have you even fucking played the original DOOM?

It's nothing like Serious damned Sam.

I'm sick of people comparing that game to DOOM. DOOM didn't lock you up in a tiny ass arena packed with enemies and then told you joke's on you motherfucker and made you have to kill everything.

No in DOOM you could actually explore vast levels that were creepy, ominous, atmospheric, and made you feel like you were on another world.

Seriously let the work of remaking D1-D2 with ID Tech 5 next gen graphics for modders? Really?! Do you have any idea how fucking hard that is? Do you know that they are not going to release the source code or the editor?! DO YOU FUCKING KNOW THAT?!

Quake 4 was a horrible excuse for a Quake game just like 3 and 2.

I honestly can say I loved Quake 1 with a burning passion. After that Quake just sucked and became overrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXO7JbRp24

This is a good remake of Quake.

For DOOM we are not so fortunate, we are indudated with thousands of crappy 3D models, awesome high-res sprites that are never finished, or we don't get the story that was in DOOM 1.

To me, a DOOM 1 remake should have the story of demons breaking through on Phobos. You go to Phobos, Deimos, and Hell and kill the Spider Mastermind, and then go to the Moon to that teleporter to then come to Earth and see it in ruins.

So far all of your posts have been saying the same shit....

Kaskaum: DOOM should have a two weapon limit, regenerating health, DLC, linear plot, it should have a DEEP storyline because omg it totally needs one, it needs to have an open-world, because you know DOOM 1 was linear and lololololol it should totally be open-world. Let's make it slow as fuck so it's like Halo or Titanfall on the consoles and PC, and also let's say fuck modders and not let them mod, and we should also make the game look generic.

Heck maybe instead of demons it should be aliens from the planet Tei Tenga. LOlollolololololol No pentagrams man, only green circles. Lololololololl.

The Community's response: Fuck no! Keep your modern warfare bullshit out of my DOOM game. DOOM doesn't need a fucking weapon limit, DOOM doesn't need to have regenerating health, DOOM doesn't need an open-world because the levels are like mazes. DOOM doesn't need to have a deep storyline because it already has a storyline. DOOM is fast-paced and it should embrace being fast-paced. Most people are fucking tired of feeling slow. DOOM should be modder friendly, because DOOM 1 and 2 and 3 were all modder friendly. DOOM has a unique style to it, which is to say Evil Dead meets Aliens.

Fuck no, DOOM has always been about killing demons from Hell and there's pentagrams and inverted crosses and all of that because you are killing fucking demons.

id Software either make a PROPER remake of DOOM (1993) or just make a sequel to DOOM 64.

The community would be much pleased with a sequel to DOOM 64 or a proper DOOM remake (1993).

Doomguy777 said:

You are that one gamer that tells the companies it's not about the gamer it's about the money.

I fucking hate it when people care more about the money than the consumer.

Except it is about the money. If Id can't make any money then they can't make anymore games. However, the only way they can make money is by appealing to the consumer. I agree that Doom should not be COD and I think that Id agrees as well, which is why they canceled the first version of the new Doom. However, I also agree with Kaskaum that if the new Doom is simply Doom 1 or Doom 2 reskinned in Id Tech 5, it won't do that well.

You say that one of the main complaints of Doom 3 was that it wasn't like Doom 1 or Doom 2. I remember that the complaints were that it was TOO MUCH like Doom 1 and Doom 2. People complained about the monster closets, the key card hunts masqueraded as PDA hunts, the linearity, the lack of story, the crappy AI, etc. Many people kept complaining that Doom 3 was stuck in the past.

If we want the new Doom to succeed, then it can't simply be a reskinned Doom 1 or Doom 2. That doesn't mean that it needs to have a two weapon limit, regenerating health, cut scenes that break gameplay, or any other of the annoying aspects of modern games. I want the new Doom to be action packed like the originals. I want the new Doom to be fast like the originals although not to the point of absurdity. I want the new Doom to have lots of big guns, lots of explosions, lots of demons to kill, and lots of blood and guts. However, it can't be a reskinned Doom 1 and Doom 2. That's just the truth.

We don't have to worry about a 2 weapon limit. Willits said in an interview that the idea of weapon limitations is terrible.

I'm really looking forward to the weapons feeling badass again. In Doom 3, the fact that the weapons didn't look or feel particularly impressive was a major turnoff. Okay, I'll admit, the chaingun had some balls, but most of the others were lacking. It's incredibly important that the weapons provide that sense of power and satisfaction. The sound effects in particular really need to be punchy as well.

If RAGE and TNO are any indication, then shooting stuff will be well-above average.

The new DOOM should have powerful weapons and a strong feeling of immersion. Like you should feel like you are in the game.

Not only should the weapons feel powerful, but the enemy reactions need to be satisfying. RAGE was great in terms of having the enemies move and grab themselves accordingly when shot, but with Doom 4 I hope the physics are advanced enough to have the enemy flesh become wounded or blown off for every shot.

Of course it's satisfying to blow away an Imp with one shotgun blast, but what about when you shoot a Baron of Hell four or five times? You should see the damage you're doing to him while he's still alive. Shoot him in the left thigh with a super shotgun? His left thigh should be partially blown off. Etc.

GoatLord said:

I'm really looking forward to the weapons feeling badass again. In Doom 3, the fact that the weapons didn't look or feel particularly impressive was a major turnoff. Okay, I'll admit, the chaingun had some balls, but most of the others were lacking. It's incredibly important that the weapons provide that sense of power and satisfaction. The sound effects in particular really need to be punchy as well.

So true. The shotgun in the new Doom needs to be the most awesome shotgun ever created in a game. It's Doomguy's main demon killing weapon. It has to be good!

I liked the look of the plasma rifle in Doom 3. But yeah, it certainly lacked punch. And the sound of the chaingun was terrible. Whoever approved of that being the sound of the chaingun should be slapped. That was the worst chaingun sound ever. It sounded like someone just beating a drum. The Trent Reznor sound pack made the chaingun sound way better though.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Not only should the weapons feel powerful, but the enemy reactions need to be satisfying. RAGE was great in terms of having the enemies move and grab themselves accordingly when shot, but with Doom 4 I hope the physics are advanced enough to have the enemy flesh become wounded or blown off for every shot.

Of course it's satisfying to blow away an Imp with one shotgun blast, but what about when you shoot a Baron of Hell four or five times? You should see the damage you're doing to him while he's still alive. Shoot him in the left thigh with a super shotgun? His left thigh should be partially blown off. Etc.

We've reached a point in hardware where that should be possible, even it it's scripted. I would be kind of shocked if there wasn't some sort of reaction system in place.

Agreed there, would be great to see enemies reacting differently, something to add more detail to the combat.

And while the feel of the combat is very key, for me I think level design is the biggest hurdle for this being a great game. I don't doubt they'll have great gameplay and atmosphere, here's hoping they really have some clever ideas for great levels. I'm optimistic.

Also random note, I don't mind regenerating health. For me oddly enough combat can be more tough in some modern shooters than in oldschool ones with health pickups everywhere. Personally, I'd dig it if Doom 4 had you regen say half or a third of your health bar, with some health items to fill it up all the way. And once in a while above 100%.

I do agree of course on not having the limited weapons.

PsychoGoatee said:

Agreed there, would be great to see enemies reacting differently, something to add more detail to the combat.

And while the feel of the combat is very key, for me I think level design is the biggest hurdle for this being a great game. I don't doubt they'll have great gameplay and atmosphere, here's hoping they really have some clever ideas for great levels. I'm optimistic.

Also random note, I don't mind regenerating health. For me oddly enough combat can be more tough in some modern shooters than in oldschool ones with health pickups everywhere. Personally, I'd dig it if Doom 4 had you regen say half or a third of your health bar, with some health items to fill it up all the way. And once in a while above 100%.

I felt Wolfenstein easy even in UBBER difficult because there were lots of health packs everywhere. It leads me to think that when they don't know how to balance the number of enemies and the number of health packs in an old school game, it can become easier than a CoD - Halo or BF game(at maximum difficult I felt CoD harder than Wolfen in ubber, the number - location of health packs in Wolfen is poorly done).

PsychoGoatee said:

Partial regeneration is totally workable. I like the idea of Doom Guy say, picking up a needle and injecting himself with a swarm of nanobots that partially heal wounds. Or perhaps a portable kit (as in Duke 3D) that could manually or automatically heal until it's used up. A health kit that slowly boosts health by a certain percentage (say 1% per second) could also be interesting. There's a number of ways health could be handled without betraying the original games.

I'm on the fence about weapon limits. I played Left 4 Dead 2 for a good while and never found myself annoyed by weapon limits. I think it adds an interesting strategic element. However, L4D2 is not Doom. Maybe there could be a Resident Evil style limitation on space that forces a bit of micromanaging. Of course, id could just let you carry all weapons and ammo at once, and it'd be fine, even if it's not realistic.

Maybe the new DOOM should be like DOOM 64 or PSX DOOM. Have a thick and moody atmosphere, keep it action-packed, maybe have an inventory system ala Resident Evil, and maybe have an emphasis on Hell because the last DOOM game felt really cheesy and generic, seriously there was no Spider Mastermind, no Evil Dead meets Aliens kind of feel.

The new DOOM needs to have an Evil Dead meets Aliens kind of feel.

I feel as if the new DOOM should have a very dark sense of humor like Evil Dead and tons of gore like Evil Dead. The technology should be like from Aliens....

Seriously, id Software or Bethesda Softworks or whoever is developing this should watch these movies to draw inspiration from.

Evil Dead 2 (1987)

Army of Darkness (1992)

Alien (1979)

Aliens (1986)

Blade Runner (1984 I think)

Event Horizon (1997)

In terms of music, have a thick and moody ambience soundtrack though it would also be nice to have a heavy metal soundtrack in the style of 80's and early 90's thrash. Also, it would be nice to have instrumental black metal or death metal soundtrack, as I feel as if some bands that have a sinister sound would really fit DOOM.

The sounds should be really meaty and pack a lot of power. Maybe hire Trent Reznor or hire Aubrey Hodges.

Blood and gore is best described by GoatLord as how he mentioned that we should see bones cracking, snapping, and popping. We should see blood spilling out, none of this mist, it should be extreme realistic blood and gore.

The very topic of level design, I would say go abstract like John Romero... but then for Hell just make something that's scary as fuck and really frightening. Something that's just otherworldly.

Put some emphasis on story, but please don't make it the entire focus. Story is nice to focus on if it's a really good one. But if it's not a good story, then please just focus on gameplay.

No weapon limit though. Weapon limits are stupid and detract from the fun aspect of gameplay.

Have ammo limits though, that can be upgraded with backpack pickup.

Regenerating health is a no unless it's a little needle that you pick up and you can inject yourself with later on... (see Far Cry 3 for reference).

On the subject of level design, abstraction outside of Hell and hellish elements is difficult to imagine with modern hardware. Off-world facilities, Martian landscapes and futuristic cities really demand a representational approach. Futuristic designs that are in stark contrast to Doom 3's sterility would be an interesting change of pace, but one must understand that abstraction rejects anything representational. How can one expect computers, corridors, equipment, labs, military installations, etc., to be anything other than representational?

I'd also like to add that Doom 4 ought to fully realize the potential to be unnerving and frightening that Doom 3 attempted. The enemies themselves weren't disturbing, but the way they emerged from the shadows and lit up a room when they attacked was. The environments themselves weren't disturbing, but the way they were lit and they use of background noises/ambient music was. Some of you prefer the goofier he-man elements of Doom, which is fine, but the mature presentation of the PS1/N64 versions, and the moody angle of the teaser suggest that a macabre, horrific aesthetic could do wonders for neo-Doom.

I also agree with you, the only place in a modern Doom that would allow abstraction is the Hell. But whether it happens in Mars or Earth, it demands realistic representations of futuristic environments, a space station - futuristic city. Otherwise it would be totally awkward for players to deal and wouldn't fit as the supposed environment.

GoatLord said:

I'd also like to add that Doom 4 ought to fully realize the potential to be unnerving and frightening that Doom 3 attempted. The enemies themselves weren't disturbing, but the way they emerged from the shadows and lit up a room when they attacked was. The environments themselves weren't disturbing, but the way they were lit and they use of background noises/ambient music was. Some of you prefer the goofier he-man elements of Doom, which is fine, but the mature presentation of the PS1/N64 versions, and the moody angle of the teaser suggest that a macabre, horrific aesthetic could do wonders for neo-Doom.

Totally agree with this. I actually hope that the new Doom has a really dark atmosphere like Doom 3 but pulls it off even better.

GoatLord said:

I have always imagined something along the lines of the PS1/N64 version of DOOM, dark, gritty, and serious. Also, I've imagined DOOMGuy being like Ash Williams from Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. The demons should look extremely disturbing, but if you have tons of blood and gore... it will be raining blood!

Don't have pitch black areas or complete darkness like DOOM 3 though. What made PSX DOOM and DOOM 64 the most scariest games in my opinion, was the shear fact that the audio and music drawed you in that combined with the fact that the game took place most of the time in Hell.... and the fact that Hell was scary.

They should have a 70's 80's retrofuture kind of feel you know? I mean DOOMGuy should be a marine assigned as a security guard when suddenly demons break out of the gateway on Phobos. You and a squad of marines go inside the hangar and it's like Aliens (1986) you know? The demons pretty much kill all of your squad in front of you and you are the only one left.

Rather than give you a radar display on your visor, you have to use a motion tracker. The demons should look like something out of Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition.

On the side of the audio coin, perhaps they should do a blend of heavy metal and ambient music like the original. In terms of sound effects, damn it get Aubrey Hodges or Andrew Hulshult to do the music and sound effects.

Heck, I'd like it if perkrisitian did the sounds for the new DOOM game.

The story should go like this.

The player takes the role of a marine (unnamed to further represent the person playing), "one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for action", who has been incarcerated on Mars after assaulting a senior officer when ordered to fire upon civilians. There, he works alongside the Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC), a multi-planetary conglomerate and military contractor performing secret experiments on interdimensional travel. Recently, the teleportation has shown signs of anomalies and instability, but the research continues nonetheless.

Suddenly, something goes wrong and creatures from hell swarm out of the teleportation gates on Deimos and Phobos. A defensive response from base security fails to halt the invasion, and the bases are quickly overrun by monsters; all personnel are killed or turned into zombies.

A military detachment from Mars travels to Phobos to investigate the incident. The player is tasked with securing the perimeter, as the assault team and their heavy weapons are brought inside. Radio contact soon ceases and the player realizes that he is the only survivor. Being unable to pilot the shuttle off of Phobos by himself, the only way to escape is to go inside and fight through the complexes of the moon base.

GoatLord said:

On the subject of level design, abstraction outside of Hell and hellish elements is difficult to imagine with modern hardware. Off-world facilities, Martian landscapes and futuristic cities really demand a representational approach. Futuristic designs that are in stark contrast to Doom 3's sterility would be an interesting change of pace, but one must understand that abstraction rejects anything representational. How can one expect computers, corridors, equipment, labs, military installations, etc., to be anything other than representational?

A different-ish example, but I love the city in the new Thief game. It's crazy and didn't make any rational sense as a real city. It's very mazelike, you often have to climb up and go around weird little alleys on rooftops etc to get to the next part of the city, never just using a door. And I actually really enjoyed that design, it was fun to navigate and unique. Felt oldschool in a lot of ways.

I know the representational or realistic style is what people expect, but that gets pretty boring. Just going through normal places, often just wide open areas, to me that's less level design and more just a background. Maybe some demonic supernatural flourishes in the art could help explain to players why normal places are getting warped and crazy. It'd be a lot more interesting to play anyway.

Juxtaposing abstract (non-representational) and surreal (dream-like) elements with representational (familiar or at least realistic) elements is definitely the way to go. That doesn't mean the human facilities and Earth/off world environments can't be interesting, but it does mean that Hell can be literally as bizarre and disturbing as the artists prefer.

I feel like they showed a real lack of imagination in Doom 3. Look at "Total Recall," for instance. Extensive sets that suggest commerce, consumerism and industry, of which we see almost none of Doom 3's vision of Mars. "Blade Runner" and "Minority Report" suggest extremely interesting visions of Earth's future. Imagine similar settings being contrasted with nightmarish, demonic elements. There is massive potential for Doom 4 to immerse players into an extensive, stunning universe that tells it's story primarily through visuals.

I am very intrigued by this article, however I doubt that id Software will revamp the original DOOM. You see if someone is to revamp or reboot the original DOOM they should do it right.

Personally, I like the blood and gore system in Shadow Warrior, Soldier of Fortune, and Killing Floor 2.

In terms of level design, perhaps they should take notes from Black Mesa. Black Mesa took original level design but they revamped it extremely. Perhaps id Software could do the same thing with the original DOOM.

In terms of monster design, they should seriously return to that classic Dungeons and Dragons look that we all remember from the Classic DOOM. Frightening, scary, and downright creepy.

In terms of weapon design, I want the classic shotties back. Anyone else agree? I miss the Shotgun and Super Shotgun from Classic DOOM. I had to get a mod for DOOM 3 to replace the Shotgun with the Ithaca M37 Stakeout (the Aliens shotgun also used in DOOM).

In terms of music, heavy metal and ambient music would be perfect!

AshWilliams43 said:

I am very intrigued by this article, however I doubt that id Software will revamp the original DOOM. You see if someone is to revamp or reboot the original DOOM they should do it right.

Personally, I like the blood and gore system in Shadow Warrior, Soldier of Fortune, and Killing Floor 2.

In terms of level design, perhaps they should take notes from Black Mesa. Black Mesa took original level design but they revamped it extremely. Perhaps id Software could do the same thing with the original DOOM.

In terms of monster design, they should seriously return to that classic Dungeons and Dragons look that we all remember from the Classic DOOM. Frightening, scary, and downright creepy.

In terms of weapon design, I want the classic shotties back. Anyone else agree? I miss the Shotgun and Super Shotgun from Classic DOOM. I had to get a mod for DOOM 3 to replace the Shotgun with the Ithaca M37 Stakeout (the Aliens shotgun also used in DOOM).

In terms of music, heavy metal and ambient music would be perfect!

As much as I love Half Life and Black Mesa, I laugh at the notion of some people that they are the holy grail of FPS level design. Half Life started the linear levels and scripted events trends, you know.

Kaskaum said:

Bethesda is very happy with Wolfen reception, for a franchise that had 0 hype, TNO invigorated Wolfen. I think the only thing the game lacked was coop and multiplayer. It would have sold at least 500K-1KK more. I hope the next one brings that.

Yes, it didn't need an ultra-balanced deathmatch, just a horde mode you could play with your friends as resistance fighters. I'm 100% sure Doom will have multiplayer. A Doom game without multiplayer would be blasphemy. I am also quite sure the beta will be the multiplayer mode.

DooM_RO said:

As much as I love Half Life and Black Mesa, I laugh at the notion of some people that they are the holy grail of FPS level design. Half Life started the linear levels and scripted events trends, you know.

Yes, it didn't need an ultra-balanced deathmatch, just a horde mode you could play with your friends as resistance fighters. I'm 100% sure Doom will have multiplayer. A Doom game without multiplayer would be blasphemy. I am also quite sure the beta will be the multiplayer mode.

That's not what I meant. What I meant was that take from Black Mesa's level design on expanding on the original game. Maybe id Software should expand on original DOOM level design is what I'm trying to say. :P

So I bought TNO last week, and I've beaten both timelines.

I really hope Doom 4 isn't a similar experience. Don't get me wrong. TNO is a solid, well-made, enjoyable game (with good writing). But it was still a rather linear, heavily scripted, cover shooter. It was nothing special, and I don't think it's very replayable.

As I've discussed before, I hope Doom 4 does at least these two things:

1) Provide the player with faster-than-normal strafing speed, and have most of the enemies unarmed. This will eliminate the need for using cover, and instead emphasize combat that's more about agility. Why is this good? The player can then dodge and shoot at the same time. He's not constantly taken out of the fight, like with cover-based gameplay.

2) Provide an overall experience that's less about moving the player through scripted sequences and cut-scenes, and more about having the player explore a larger environment without interruption and restraint.

Beyond that, you can modernize the experience in any way that doesn't infringe upon those two core tenets. Having satisfying weapons and gore will be important as well, but that's a given.

It's not as linear as other recent shooters, especially during the beginning of the game. I loved the game because of the fantastic weapons, the enemy reactions, dismemberments and sparks flying everywhere where you shoot, it all feels very slick. The atmosphere of the game is very good as well, I can't really explain why but this really feels like a Wolf3D sequel.

Sure, it's not perfect but at the moment this is the best formula for a AAA shooter with some old school sensibilities and I think Id should perfect it but I do agree with the points you raised.