Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

A more violent approach? aBRASION Test - GET IT!

Well... creative! Really original concept. I don't interest too much, but I hope, you will popular with this stuff, becuase it's good!

Or maybe looks good... lol

Eventually I'll make them fall down properly. But for now...
download the test and see for yourself.

Downloading as we speak. But, can I ask, where do I get build 1.34f of Edge? The latest I see at Sourcforge is just 1.34. :)

The official EDGE 1.34 version is 1.34f

(the 'f' is only the patch or revision number, and it only matters if people are talking about the betas or RC versions which have earlier letters).

andrewj said:

The official EDGE 1.34 version is 1.34f

(the 'f' is only the patch or revision number, and it only matters if people are talking about the betas or RC versions which have earlier letters).

That shootable switch should work (some functionality were removed for simplification)
http://prboom-plus.sf.net/edge_fail.zip

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now, noob question number two! How do I load this mod? Drag and drop doesn't work for me and there's all these random folders in the download. Please forgive my ignorance, I've never really played with Edge until now. :)

Drag and drop was introduced in Boom 2.02, more than twelve years ago. A lot of ports support it.

Threads merged, because having two separate threads would just cause confusion and lead to a messy discussion.

[killer2 made a silly post, now in Post Hell, complaining that this isn't for GZDoom]

The features used by this mod are implemented quite differently in EDGE and in GZDoom. It wouldn't be just a question of copy/pasting stuff and renaming one or two keywords. Some of the stuff may even be incompatible. I don't see why Kronos would have to learn how to re-implement all his work with ZDoom methods just because one person doesn't want to use the target port. Don't you think you're being kinda rude? If you only want to play ZDoom mods, there are still a lot of them to choose from.

To be a bit more on-topic:

KRoNoS said:

Megaupload's random name generator chose weirdly. O our food?

This looks great, and I'm currently downloading, but this is the slowest Megaupload download ever. About 47% done in a half hour.

Any chance of a mirror or two? Megaupload's giving me the "this file is not available right now" rubbish.

I can't figure this out. I'm trying "-file demo.wad" with no success, and there are 2 folders with data in the zip that I don't know what to do with.

Xeros612 said:

Any chance of a mirror or two? Megaupload's giving me the "this file is not available right now" rubbish.

Same here. Speedyshare might be a better choice since the file's only 45 MBs http://www.speedyshare.com/

Yeah, this isn't loading. -file, drag and drop, nothing. Clean install of EDGE, clean install of the mod, nothing.

I can't even download it. The fastest download speed I got was 56 kb/s and from there it went down to about 2 KB/s. Doesn't seem to be a problem with my connection either. Downloading a 480 MB file off steam only took a few minutes.

Okay, easiest way to run it - I dont't know why I didn't include it in the readme - would be for example - "C:\Gamez\Edge\Edge134.exe -file demo.wad -ddf demo" either from the start-menu's run or by utilising a shortcut.

Give that the ol' college try.

Thanks for re-uploading also guys - it helps, I know MegaUpload just isn't what it used to be.

Thanks, I didn't know about -ddf.

And this is pretty cool, I don't know how you did all this stuff. Nice job!

This mod is extremely good visual wise, really nice job. Too bad there is slowdown when there are more then 2 soldiers on the screen, ive got a quad core processor so that shouldnt be the problem. Besides from that i love the guns and animatian, it really looks amazing. Now some special maps and youve got a cacoward ;).

Right, okay. I've now followed (to the best of my understanding) the instructions for loading this. I have a fresh install of Edge 1.34 on my C: drive, I then copied the aBRASION folder contents into my new install along with the doom2.wad. When I run it the commmand given above it starts to load then fails stating it's missing languages! :(

I just want to play a game!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/edge/files/EDGE%20Binaries/1.34/Edge-1.34-windows.zip/download

The version of edge which I'm using - which is from the Edge Sourceforge homepage.

Download and extract this to it's own folder... Eg: "C:\Gamez\Edge"

Then copy your Doom IWAD of preference - I'd recommend Doom2.wad to go into the aforementioned directory - then Extract aBRASION_Test.zip to "C:\Gamez\Edge" and overwrite anything it tells you to - most likely the "doom_ddf" folder.

Then make a shortcut - Should be something along the lines of "C:\Gamez\Edge\Edge134.exe" in the Target line - Change it to look something more along the lines of:

"C:\Gamez\Edge\Edge134.exe -file demo.wad -ddf demo"

Then there should be mayhem, neck snapping and blood spattered firefighting afoot.

As for the choppiness of Edge on some machines - beats me, seems to work fine on some and haemorrhages on others.

If it helps, I'm rocking a Intel Core2 Duo @ 3.00ghz with 4gigs of ram and an Nvidia GTX-275 on Windows Xp Service pack 3.

Sound is best set to 44100hz @ 16bit and video with smoothing and Hqx scaling on run at a resolution of 1280x1024 - widescreen or not, doesn't really matter still looks reasonably ice-box.

As much as I'm not a fan of cell shading and whatnot, this is a pretty damn good setup so far. Aside from performance issues, that is. Even at bare minimum settings my PC struggles to reach 20 FPS most of the time. And this is a PC that can run F.E.A.R. nearly maxed out at 1366x768 and still get 30+ FPS. However, you say you tested on an NVIDIA? I wonder if EDGE's rendering system has any problem with ATI cards like GZDoom is supposed to?

I think it may, i've tried it with the Radeon HD6800 and a Radeon HD3000 to no avail - it runs like wounded ass most of the time, where as the NVIDIA card seems to work fine. :/

Something about this doesn't seem to be working right, the enemies and everything are there, but I start with only the axe, and if I pick up a shotgun, I don't get anything. I haven't played enough to see any other weapons, but this seems very wrong.

Too see what's there so far, you're going to have to cheat. Next release should have proper working pickups and what-nottery.