Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

Have ever you cried?!

Have you cried at any entertainment things?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Have you cried at any entertainment things?

• any movies?
    • any video games?
    • any books?
    • any textbooks?

I don't remember ever crying when playing videogames, but some games made me sad becuase I finished playing it and I'm staring at the end credits.

Some movies did make me cry though, but I try not to cry if I am among other people. If I'm watching a movie alone I don't care and let my emotions run freely. Lord of The Rings: Return of the King made me cry towards the end. Probably because in the back of my mind I knew that it was the last part of this trilogy. There were others as well, but I don't remeber all of them.

Books, well I don't read them. Do comic books count :p

dutch devil said:

Lord of The Rings: Return of the King made me cry towards the end.

Agreed. While I never cried, the part where Aragorn tells the hobbits: "My friends, you bow to noone" was powerfully moving.

Craigs said:

Probably a little late quoting this but remind me not to drink and post like that again.

I actualy suspected you were under the influence of something, because that was one bigass wall of text.

The only advice I can give is: Disregard Females, Acquire Currency. I've been doing that since July, and it's helped me a shitload.

When I was younger I cried when I watched terminator 2 when arnold at the end is all like, I understand now why you cry. The thumbs up always got me too.

Flesh420 said:

When I was younger I cried when I watched terminator 2 when arnold at the end is all like, I understand now why you cry. The thumbs up always got me too.

When you were younger?

Uhhh There are things that have made me cry as a one time thing (Toy Stories 2 & 3, a lot of those Disney ones, Return of the King, et cet.) but after that one time I'm all right.

Then there is Terminator 2 and Raising Arizona. The endings of those get me every effin' time.

Video Games: Never. The end of DVII was the closest I ever got.

Books: I don't think so...I'll get back to you. I'm pretty sure I have, just don't remember when. I said yes though.

Textbooks: What.

Because you didnt mention any other mediums, I will not divulge anything in regards to them. But there is more to entertainment than the four you mentioned...

DuckReconMajor said:

Is it really that good?

Presentation did it more than anything in DVII

Lots of games make me cry, but that's due to childhood feelings.

When was the Textbook option implemented? I cried at the end of a math book once if thats what you mean. I was shedding big tears of joy that the number nightmare was over!

Now that I remember, the movie 'seven pounds' made me cry. Its not typical 'men in black' type will smith idiocy. You have to watch the whole thing even though you'll be going 'wtf' through most the beginning and middle.

The end of The Iron Giant.
"Supermannnnn..." God damnit. Every single time.

The only thing that has really made me cry at entertainment is the fact that 99% of movies and pretty much any thing in the entertainment business is so unbearably awful.

game: Loom
movie: A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)
book: some old Dragonlance stuff ;)
comic book: Akira
music: lotsa stuff...
pwads: spacia.wad starting around MAP13 ;)

Well, it's LucasArts so it's mostly a story in the form of a game... And I don't much care about reaching the end of something, it's a given everything comes to an end. What matters is what happens while it's alive.

Only thing like that that's ever actually made me *cry* was Clannad After Story (anime). It's a very emotionally powerful anime overall, really.

Other things have gotten me close though:
Movies: The Green Mile, Marley and Me, Grave of the Fireflies
Books: The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (second series) when:

Spoiler

Covenant creates the giant caamora for the tormented giants' spirits at the Grieve

Music: Anathema - One Last Goodbye, Katatonia - Tonight's Music, Elliott Smith - Waltz #2

Grave of the Fireflies had me bawwing.

Some parts in some books made me shed a tear.

I did feel sad at some, but haven't cried at any entertainment piece, I'm not a wuss.

Hellbent said:

mmm... but why do all the votes exactly match their respective percentages?

Sorry to quote from last year but, it's because the percentage is for how many times that option was selected. Somehow, you managed to catch it when there were exactly 100 selections made (in 49 votes), which is pretty weird :P As you will see now, the percentages are different from the actual numbers.

Back on topic, a couple nights ago I watched Children of Men, and it made me tear up a few times. From an academic standpoint I could come up with some issues with the movie, but I enjoyed it enough to ignore those.

hex11 said:

book: some old Dragonlance stuff ;)

I honestly didn't care much when Sturm died his heroic death, because he was such a wooden character. But when Flint suddenly died of a heart attack, I did cry a bit.

I haven't shed tears over a piece of fiction in a while, now that I think about it, but I've come close a few times in the last few months.

Most recently, Schindler's List almost did it; I just watched the movie again this week, and I could sort of feel the wetworks starting during a couple of scenes, but not quite. Since around Christmas, I know the same thing has happened with a piece of classical music, a short story, and with two other movies, but I can't recall what any of them are right now. :/

Nice bump, guys...

I remember when I was about 5 years old, the End of the World music in Kingdom Hearts made me cry. Pretty sad music, really, but nothing anyone else has, is, or will cry about again.

I don't watch movies very often... I don't remember any I really cried at.

I'm sure I would have at least gotten upset at the end of Mockingjay if I could figure out what the hell was going on at that point. Seriously, the Hunger Games series was really good, but the last couple chapters Suzanne Collins started smoking something GOOD.

I'myourtarget said:

I remember when I was about 5 years old...Kingdom Hearts

Wait, didn't that game come out like 6 years ago?

printz said:

I'm not a wuss.

Then why are you so afraid of expressing your feelings?

I'myourtarget said:

I remember when I was about 5 years old, the End of the World music in Kingdom Hearts made me cry. Pretty sad music, really, but nothing anyone else has, is, or will cry about again.

I never cried over it but I always found the Star Fox 64 menu music to be depressing.