Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Videogamer555

How do I export PNG or BMP from Slade3?

Slade3 has sprite export as performed as raw sprite data export only. How do I export as PNG or BMP files so they can be edited in an external editor?

Videogamer555 said:

But won't that change its internal format within the WAD file itself, corrupting the wad file?

I think yes, but you can copy the lumps to a temporary WAD, and convert there and export.

Videogamer555 said:

But won't that change its internal format within the WAD file itself, corrupting the wad file?

Not unless you save the file.

Also, it won't corrupt it. Just change it. You can always do the conversion back to the Doom format and save again.

If it's in an IWAD, though, it won't let you convert it at all without copying it into a temporary wad first, all of which isn't especially intuitive. How difficult would it be to add the missing convert-on-export functionality?

esselfortium said:

How difficult would it be to add the missing convert-on-export functionality?

Well, I wanted to do a more generic 'export as' function, but that would likely take a lot of work. I think for now I'll just have to make it a special case for gfx entries, since it really is pretty dumb to have to copy to a temporary archive to do it in the case of iwads etc.

Ok, I just added a function to export selected gfx entries to png format. Only png for now as it's the most versatile format and the function is pretty much temporary, until I can get proper 'export as' stuff in (likely after 3.0).

A build of r777 with that feature is now available from the DRD Team SVN site.