Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sir Nigel

Internet Doom Explorer Issues

Recommended Posts

Ok, so I'm sort of new to all of this, but basically I'm trying to run Internet Doom Explorer so I can play Zdaemon, Odamex, and Skulltag online.

http://i51.tinypic.com/33f45mr.png

I've set up all the various things I have for Doom 2 inside My Documents. (the ide487 folder contains Internet Doom Explorer)

Whenever I try to start the ide.exe, I get this error...

http://i51.tinypic.com/x5shw6.png


...and IDE refuses to start.

Help?

Share this post


Link to post

You already have IDE.exe running. For whatever reason when you minimize IDE.exe, it doesnt appear on the taskbar at the bottom, but in the little toolbar in the bottom right corner next to where it shows the time. If you click once on the little pink doom guy IDE will show up.

Share this post


Link to post

You might try to look at your task manager, maybe it's still loaded in memory. If it's there, kill it, then start the application again.

Share this post


Link to post
EarthQuake said:

You might try to look at your task manager, maybe it's still loaded in memory. If it's there, kill it, then start the application again.


Nope, not there.

Clonehunter said:

Interested in "Free Sex Games" are you? :P



Son of a bitch... knew I missed something.

Dunno if this is important, but I was able to use IDE without any problems before, when I had nothing but Skulltag on my computer. I wanted to try out the Zdaemon and Odamex servers, so I got those. After that, this error with IDE manifested. I've tried removing everything I had put in, but that hasn't done jack in the way of fixing IDE.

Share this post


Link to post

Nobodie's encountered this problem before? I tried redling and unzipping IDE, but I'm still getting that same error. I just want to play Doom :\.

Share this post


Link to post

It could be the port is in use, try this...

Open IDE, click options tab make a note of the IDE Port number (it defaults to 12999).
Try changing the setting and restarting IDE.

You should be able to check if something is using a port as follows:

Press Windows+R or click Run from start menu.
Type 'cmd' and press enter to open a command window.

Type 'netstat -a' and press enter to list connections.
Look down the list to see if something is using the IDE port number.

Share this post


Link to post

In my experience with getting "BindToPort: error" it was always because I already had IDE open and didnt notice. You can't open it twice. I really feel like you're missing something obvious.

Share this post


Link to post

It probably is, but for the life of me, I can't figure out whats wrong. It's like IDE just suddenly decided it doesn't like me for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mean to sound like an ass here, but this is getting infuriating. I'm sick of not being able to play on a couple servers I like for a random, unfixable error that was caused by nothing. I can find nothing currently running that is related to Skulltag or IDE in any way, shape or form. I've tried putting every program even remotely related to DOOM through my firewall, and I'm still getting this error. Nothing is causing it, and having an unfixable game breaking error is fucking maddening.

Share this post


Link to post
4mer said:

It could be the port is in use, try this...

Open IDE, click options tab make a note of the IDE Port number (it defaults to 12999).
Try changing the setting and restarting IDE.

You should be able to check if something is using a port as follows:

Press Windows+R or click Run from start menu.
Type 'cmd' and press enter to open a command window.

Type 'netstat -a' and press enter to list connections.
Look down the list to see if something is using the IDE port number.


http://i54.tinypic.com/2qi23aa.png

That command isn't recognized.

Share this post


Link to post

BindToPort error means other program use UDP port IDE tries to utilize.
You can change default IDE port:
- start IDE with command-line parameter: ide.exe -port NNN (NNN - any port value acceptable for you)
- or change "LocalPort" value in IDE.INI

Share this post


Link to post
bond said:

BindToPort error means other program use UDP port IDE tries to utilize.
You can change default IDE port:
- start IDE with command-line parameter: ide.exe -port NNN (NNN - any port value acceptable for you)
- or change "LocalPort" value in IDE.INI


Holy christ cakes, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I couldn't find the .ini file, but changing the command-line did the trick. I could kiss you.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×