Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomF4nG4mer

Using a new type of Ammo

Are there anyways i could use a new ammo together with the other Original Doom ammo's instead of replacing them?

like Example:
Spawning ClipBox together with Tommygun Ammo

Searching yourself goes a long way in the end. I googled "zdoom new ammo type" and the first result is this, which explains exactly how you would go about solving your problem. Judging from your last thread, you're using DECORATE, so this should be a simple addition to your mod.

I am actually asking about on how do i supposably make the other Ammo's come together with the originals like when i kill a zombieman he will drop a Clip together with a another different type of Ammo.Also i kinda get a little bit confused when reading the zdoom wiki and yes i know its a useful site for editing but its just to advanced for me.

Look how the zombieman has a "DropItem Clip" line in its DECORATE code. (You can see it on the wiki.) So if you want a zombie to drop two different things, here's how you can do it:

Actor FormerHuman : Zombieman replaces Zombieman
{
   DropItem "Clip"
   DropItem "TommygunAmmo"
}
Here's how this code works:

Actor FormerHuman -> defines a new actor.
: Zombieman -> this means that this actor inherits from the Zombieman class and will be identical for everything, unless modified.
replaces Zombieman -> this means that normal zombiemen will be replaced by this new actor. So in effect, you've modified the zombieman.
{ -> this opens the actor's properties.
DropItem "Clip" -> since you want the modified zombie to still drop clips, you need this line
DropItem "TommygunAmmo" -> and here you tell it to drop the new ammo type as well
} -> this closes the actor's properties and the definition