Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iHaveToPee

Help, my map somehow "gone psycho"

Hey, I have no idea why it hapened but each time I test my map in doom builder it looks like this

I remember that I made exit and I'v put the plutonia's exit sector and since then it makes problems.
I have backups of the map of one step before I did that and now if I edit the map and test it I have the same screen, its like my map is ruined.
Is there a way to avoid it?
btw i'm on zdoom, doom in doom format.

the map isn't a part from my wad I made it today, well I guess that i'll upload it, its only 430 kb :D
the problem is that each time that I add something new to my map I see a screen like the one that I uploaded and in the mini map option I see only the player and I don't see any sector.
I'm going to upload it right now.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?x9adk35sswd1k4v
I changed a few things in my map so its working again however if I add certain things in doombuilder it will do the screen that i uploaded.
For example put dead cacodemons's decorates in the building with the "dead barons" walls.

There was a version of DB2 that was shipped with a bad nodebuilder, which could result in this. Upgrade and try again.

Archi said:

There is some problems with textures I think.
Btw delete the behavior lump.

Not a good idea if the map is in Hexen format...

So what do you suggest me to do?
I don't think about starting to design my map again so in which way can I fix the problem?

If it is indeed Doom format (how did it get a BEHAVIOR lump then?), then deleting that lump would probably fix it.

The BEHAVIOR lump is used to make the difference between Doom and Hexen format. The THINGS and LINEDEFS lump are written differently, and therefore read differently as well, so if the format is misidentified because it has a BEHAVIOR lump it shouldn't have; or doesn't have it if it should have it, then the map will be loaded as complete garbage.

Gez said:

If it is indeed Doom format (how did it get a BEHAVIOR lump then?), then deleting that lump would probably fix it.

The BEHAVIOR lump is used to make the difference between Doom and Hexen format. The THINGS and LINEDEFS lump are written differently, and therefore read differently as well, so if the format is misidentified because it has a BEHAVIOR lump it shouldn't have; or doesn't have it if it should have it, then the map will be loaded as complete garbage.

Before building the map I think that I tried to build a bridge in hexen format and it was in this map, so maybe that's the reason that behaviour lump appeared.