Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Nomonster speedrunning

Doom2 Map03 in 21
Engine: DooM v1.9

Probably shows a new trick. At least I haven't seen anyone using it in any demos.

Edit: :( I always make bad .txt files. I checked it few times before sending here but obviously "here" isn't good explain for 'where the trick is used'.

no032191.zip

I watched the demo few times but I still don´t get what do you mean by that "door trick". Please, can you explain it to me? :-)

Gusta said:

I watched the demo few times but I still don´t get what do you mean by that "door trick". Please, can you explain it to me? :-)

You can "wallrun wobble" against door and continue with max speed when it opens. In this case it's the first lift.

Doom2 Map27 in 32.97
Includes 33.60 without S50 and wallruns if someone likes S40 more. Not much work needed here to get to the next second.

no273297.zip

Doom2:
Map10 in 23.94
Map11 in 28.97
Map13 in 55.97
Map18 in 20.83
Map29 in 1:23.51

I have broken some other maps too, but not in whole second, so I don't upload them because doomedsda.us would become a messy place (multiple same second nomonster runs).

loopnomo.zip

kimo_xvirus said:

In Map13, is it faster to go through the teleporter after blue key?

I don't think so, but I hit the wall -> I used teleport. I have one run where I use the door instead of tele but never compared it to the teleport route. I go check it now.

Edit: Can't tell. Tele route was 0.15seconds faster, but I hit the wall when going for the tele. Rambo used door so probably it's faster as if I recall correctly, he optimized that map pretty well.

Well I built 2 demos (SR50 and sr40 on turns) from your demo after the keygrab, and without the tele it was 1 tic faster, but these demos weren't optimized, so it should be possible to shave few more tics. Since they're so close you'll have to try both routes enough and see which is more faster on your average runs heh.
I attached the demos, everything after the last teleporter are garbage tics.

map13.zip

Plut said:

Memento Mori MAP06 in 0:54

I noticed this earlier in college I can't wait to view it later as your nomo runs are sick. I knew it was doable without TAS. So I'll optimise mine again at some point.

I recorded these in preparation for the -nomonsters Plutonia Revisited pack earlier this month. I improved my map 04 demo (which was at 0:56). So I'm just going to put them up here for now. Map 03 is in 0:48 and map 04 in 0:55. Also, unrelated but yay 100 demos (even though they're not incredibly fast).

pv04o055.zip

Icarus map04 in 0:24 included is one for map 03 in 0:25. I think I could improve these but even without bumping into walls I can't seem to improve them much.

ic04o024.zip

Beef Balogna by kaiser_wilhelm2

Nomonsters Speed in 0:33 (Boom-format/compat demo)

This small and unremarkable map is riddled with Zdoomisms. The only real purpose of this demo is to show that it is possible to exit with Boom behaviour, using a few tricks to get around the parts of the map that don't work. It should be possible with vanilla behaviour too, but it involves more difficult tricks. Details in the txt for those who are for some reason interested.

The last switch trick in this demo is sloppily executed, but other than that the demo is pretty much what I was aiming for.

bfbao033.zip

E2M1-E2M7 in 5:11. Space bar decided not to work in some places. Going to work on a built one at some point as there's a lot that can be improved from that.

ep2o511.zip

DTWiD E1M1-E1M7 in 6:25 after about an hour of constant non stop attempting I finally give up. I completely ballsed up E1M7 and E1M6. Expect a built version soon. I can't believe I forgot my way around E1M7 to be honest but there's a few detours.

i1do625.zip

Springy said:

E2M1-E2M7 in 5:11. Space bar decided not to work in some places. Going to work on a built one at some point as there's a lot that can be improved from that.

I made the same thing but in 2:58...
gonna make a built TAS