Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Nomonster speedrunning

Don't have anything to say, just read the text file XD! (No need to read this, you are wasting your life :P)
Oh on top of that, this is a Plutonia 2 Map 04 nomo run :)

pl040023.zip

doomdaniel95 said:

Scythe MAP29 in 1:29. It's a little bumpy and SR40 only so my guess is that it's quite easily improvable using my route.

map 29 in 0:42

I was working on a nomonsters pack for Scythe, but I'm not playing much doom at the moment so no reason to hoard new routes at least. This particular run was done last year in July.

sc29o042.zip

MD922 said:

Don't have anything to say, just read the text file XD! (No need to read this, you are wasting your life :P)

Nice man, good enthusiasm, but you might want to check the DSDA before making runs. There's already a nomo run of pl2 MAP04 in 0:16. The demopack with all the record times can be found here: http://doomedsda.us/col414.html

NoobBait said:

map 29 in 0:42

I was working on a nomonsters pack for Scythe, but I'm not playing much doom at the moment so no reason to hoard new routes at least. This particular run was done last year in July.

Oh nice, so the keygrab is actually possible. Thanks for showing me that; since I suck at keygrabs, I was never able to get it before. :(

MD922 said:

In addition to Doomdaniel's suggestion, the naming convention for Plutonia 2 is p2 instead of pl, so your demo would normally be named p204o023 (o is usually used for nomonsters, though occasionally n and no are used as well). The naming convention you used is for Plutonia.

MD922 said:

Mini joke run here but...

Doom 2 Map 07 Speedrun in 0:23 using a Doomguy Buttgrab. Doomguy can apparently can do grabs with his butt. 'Nuff said.

Cool demo, this might allow the current record to be done a second faster if one is able to grab the megasphere right away and also get the RJ right away. I think this is valuable information for anybody who might want to attempt a record on Doom 2 MAP07.

4shockblast said:

Doom E1M3 (Secret Exit) in 0:26.34. I spent long enough trying to get 25, so I might as well just release this.

It looks great, man. Keep up the good work! :)

Plutonia Map 16 nomo in 0:25.

I am well aware of Memfis's 0:24, just my own run to tell my progress :)

That's a really crappy map for nomonsters to be honest. :) Only the last few seconds are important, it doesn't matter how well you play before that since you have to wait for the moving platforms anyway. So I don't recommend spending much time on it, playing maps where you have to perform well all the way should be more appealing and better for practice.

I don't nomonsters to gain skill, I just want to have fun trying to get thought maps. Isn't dooming meant for fun, not to get fustrated trying to get a good time? At some moments I want to be better, but I still do the same map until I'm satisfied.

MD922 said:

Isn't dooming meant for fun, not to get fustrated trying to get a good time? At some moments I want to be better, but I still do the same map until I'm satisfied.

As for me, satisfaction usually comes when I beat a record. I can see how it gets frustrating if the record is too hard to beat, but if you can see where there's room for improvement, it's kinda fun trying to shave it down another second or two. I personally like to go for nomo records using SR40 only, and it's fun for me as long as it doesn't take me more than 2 or 3 hours to get a good time. Usually if there's no previous record, I call it quits within 5 minutes to an hour and thirty minutes depending on how much I like the map... or I call it quits when I can shave a time down to .97, .94, etc tics one second lower than what I usually get on a map. This is where the timer comes in real handy when using prboom-plus.. you get to see how many hundredths of seconds are in a time (higher = better, lower = try again for a second lower with higher number of tics if you can).

MD922 said:

I don't nomonsters to gain skill, I just want to have fun trying to get thought maps. Isn't dooming meant for fun, not to get fustrated trying to get a good time? At some moments I want to be better, but I still do the same map until I'm satisfied.

I sometimes go for pretty long grinds on maps, even beyond the point of enjoyment if I see a doable goal in sight. It generally depends on how much I enjoy the map and my mood, but some runs get really frustrating for me. For instance, my D2TWID map 02 secret exit Pacifist probably took me an hour more to do, and it's only 3 seconds long. I also rarely release unsuccessful runs and never release any runs that aren't records (even when I get record times, I often race myself if I feel my speedrun looked ugly).

Ultimate Doom Nomo E2M7

Looks like DSDA doesn't have a record for this (expect the 0:15 TAS run)
Anyway, I got the same time as Sedlo when he did his UV-Speed. Oh, this demo took about 2 minutes, no sweat.

e2m7nomo.lmp.zip

http://doomedsda.us/pdang/nomo/

There are the public dang records, so it has been done in 15s.

Btw, if you want to save a second or two, you should try to use strafe left and right buttons too as I can only see you use the mouse strafe.

Scythe Map04 Speedrun Nomo in 0:15

Well, I think this isn't the fastest run. There is probably a Scythe Nomo pack that is faster than mine. Tasurd-caco's TAS of this map is one second faster, and I think this run can be improved to 0:14 (I bumped into many walls)
EDIT: Of DSDA, I checked the UV-Speed section. Nomo WR is 13 seconds. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

sce04oo25.lmp.zip

Scythe Map 10 Nomo in 0:12

I believe this is the DSDA record and now I share it with another person until dew finds out and tries to make a 0:11 run like his UV-Speed :D

sce10ootime.lmp.zip

If you intend to improve this run, one thing you might try is in map16 to use the edge of the lowering/rising teleporter as a lift. You lose nothing by trying it; if you overstep, and teleport, then you can use the same route as you do in this demo; if it works, then you save a number of seconds.

That route was used in my 0:49 and Radek's 0:42 UV-Speeds (links at DSDA) before this route was obsoleted by Gusta's archie-route.

Grazza said:

If you intend to improve this run, one thing you might try is in map16 to use the edge of the lowering/rising teleporter as a lift. You lose nothing by trying it; if you overstep, and teleport, then you can use the same route as you do in this demo; if it works, then you save a number of seconds.

That route was used in my 0:49 and Radek's 0:42 UV-Speeds (links at DSDA) before this route was obsoleted by Gusta's archie-route.

Thanks for the idea. I may attempt to improve my run at some point.

Scythe:

Map 02 in 0:07.57.
Map 05 in 0:11.43.
Map 06 in 0:11.54. (Why hasn't this been done before?)
Map 07 in 0:01.77.

sc_nomo.zip

Hehe, 4shockblast, I had also done a 0:01 speedrun of map 07. There are a ton at DSDA :D

Scythe Map 15 Nomo Runs

Map 15 Secret Exit Run in: 9.46 (breaks DSDA/DoomDaniel95's record)
Map 15 Regular Exit Run in: 10.86 (ties DSDA/DoomDaniel95's record)
I think both of the runs are pretty smooth :)

sc15runs.zip