Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Nomonster speedrunning

Remember I already posted a 9.94 SR40-only run of Scythe MAP15 on doomworld, so that one should show up first on DSDA when Andy uploads the demos next week. :) Otherwise, very good runs, guys!

Sorry for any confusion, I was talking to MD922 because he posted a 10.86 run of MAP15 when I already have my 9.94 on doomworld.

Ahh very cool Doomdaniel95 :)

Next up I got on Scythe Map 18 Nomo in 10.49. The no glide route. For sure Doomdaniel and 4shockblast will want to try for a 0:09 run :) Lastly, I want to say this demo isn't close to optimized. 0:09 is for sure possible. (I checked DSDA and it only had cack_handed's 0:17 run)

sc18oo10.lmp.zip

Something interesting I found is that it's possible to SR50 jump right over the ledge, but afaik it has to be quite precise. I spent about 15 minutes on this map before recording just to familiarize myself with it, and I tried the SR50 jump a lot. Only once in 15 minutes I managed to get it, and that was after I took the time to position myself (I got it on probably my 4th try in THAT specific attempt), so getting it quickly would be darn hard. However, if somebody is able to get lucky enough to be lined up right away and can SR50 across the ledge first try to the teleporter, I'm guessing high 8 might be possible. Sorry I can't provide a demo, as I wasn't recording my attempts.

Here's a bad demo showing exactly what I was talking about with the SR50 jump. Please do not upload this to DSDA! (Sorry for the extaneous post; I couldn't figure out how to attach a file to an edited post, which I tried first.)

sc18jump.zip

Uh, you're reinventing wheels here. See the UV Speed and Pacifist demos on Scythe map18 to see the best routes; there certainly isn't monster assistance involved in them. Cack-Handed's 0:16 nomo was just to show that the second glide (probably useful only in TAS) was possible at all, and not intended as a standard nomo run (which he could have done by the standard glide + jump route very speedily, I'm sure).

Target time should be 0:06 I suppose (given dew's 0:07 with monsters), but that's going to be tough.

GrumpyCat said:

0:07 should be easy, check my NM run and good luck =)

Wow! I just got 0:07.94 with the jump. It's not optimal, however.

Grazza: Thanks for the info, but I think most of us were just curious to see what was possible with the jump only, no glides. Oh wow, just realized GrumpyCat didn't use a glide. Oh well, there's no nomo demos like this, so I guess this is the first nomo + SR50 that will be on DSDA to date.

Please upload THIS one to DSDA! :)

sc18o007.zip

Scythe Map 32 in 54 seconds
Beats Cacotou's 55 seconds :)
53 is possible, I will try :)
(P.S This is one of the more crummy maps to run. Lots of waiting XD)

sc32o054.zip

Heh, I found some old nomo demos from last year I recorded and forgot about until I discovered them today. Since they're from last year, I bet quite a few of them can be improved by quite a bit.
Cchest (the first one):
MAP12 in 4:25.
MAP13 in 3:31.
MAP16 in 0:41.
MAP17 in 0:23.
MAP20 in 2:32.
P.S. I had also tried out MAP14 in nomo. I got many 12s times with SR40 only, even 12.00 a few times, but I could never get 11s. I included the zip file with many 12s demos for MAP14.
Enjoy some old demos of mine! :)

ccdemos_dd95.zip

Cchest3 MAP13 in 1:18. Please read the textfile; it describes some tricks in detail which I show in my demo. I also included a junk demo which shows an interesting design error after yet another trick (which is not present in the good run).

c313o118.zip

Nice demo! :) 15s should be possible since it's 16.34, but it's darn hard to get both glides that quickly, so you have yourself a good speedrun.

For sure it looks like 15 is possible, I'm going to do more attempts. Before I just got a 16.14, I know 15 is possible because at the end, after my first glide, my hand got sweaty and moved my position but I moved back and got through.

Cchest3 MAP13 in 1:17. I know I talked about possible 5s improvement, and this is still 99% SR40 + keyboard only.. but I'm really not sure at this point. Demo is all right but still has a couple minor bumps, so I know with my setup at least 1:16 should be possible with work, and probably 1:15 or 1:14 is possible with inclusion of SR50 + no or very small mistakes (like movement is a bit imperfect in parts).

c313o117.zip

TNT Evilution MAP01-MAP30 (D2ALL) nomonsters in 33:55. I'm so happy I was able to finally accomplish another run of tnt, which is so much better than the previous one I have on DSDA. Please enjoy! :)

30evo3355.zip

heya, I've just implemented nomonsters category and I'd love if you could upload your vanilla nomo records to COMPET-N too:

http://doom.com.hr/upload.php

You must use this naming scheme:
http://www.doom.com.hr/public/compet-n/admin/naming.txt

and this template (this one is not required but...)
http://www.doom.com.hr/public/compet-n/admin/template.txt

after upload demos are visible here:

http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=compet-n_incoming

Cyas!