Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Nomonster speedrunning

Thanks! I think that it's because you can't do MAP07, then the episode is considered incomplete. It would be possible to have a MAP01-MAP06 movie if you wanted to do that, and you could list it as such. Otherwise, if you want to do complete episodes, you could always go for episodes 2 and 3 (which, understandably for AV, would be a bit daunting imo) in the nomo 100 category. There's also individual levels. I may try to record an IL (individual level) demo for MAP13 later today if I can get enough work done for school before it gets too late.

2 hours ago, doomdaniel95 said:

Thanks! I think that it's because you can't do MAP07, then the episode is considered incomplete. It would be possible to have a MAP01-MAP06 movie if you wanted to do that, and you could list it as such. Otherwise, if you want to do complete episodes, you could always go for episodes 2 and 3 (which, understandably for AV, would be a bit daunting imo) in the nomo 100 category. There's also individual levels. I may try to record an IL (individual level) demo for MAP13 later today if I can get enough work done for school before it gets too late.

Yeah that's true, the fact that Map07 is incomplete took me by surprise.

I'll have a look at 11-20 and 20-30 later today and see if it's worth the effort to record IL's. I've tried 11 and it's just so confusing, even after watching your demo LOL.

21 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

I've tried 11 and it's just so confusing, even after watching your demo LOL.

Yep 11 is a very interesting map structure-wise. There is a lot of memorization just to get through the map normally, and it becomes even more challenging with route changes to save time. I was really blown away by it the first time I played through it, and it's still quite an impressive map to me.

AV MAP13 nomo 100 in 1:32.77.

av13s132.zip

23 hours ago, doomdaniel95 said:

Yep 11 is a very interesting map structure-wise. There is a lot of memorization just to get through the map normally, and it becomes even more challenging with route changes to save time. I was really blown away by it the first time I played through it, and it's still quite an impressive map to me.

AV MAP13 nomo 100 in 1:32.77.

av13s132.zip

Yeah I like that map too, it's a good layout.

I did some routing for 14-20, but I can't be bothered recording getting a good time. 20-30 is meh in my opinion.

I practised 22 a bit, including doing a UV-Max but my time was way too slow.

It's impossible to get the map 26 megasphere secret because doomguys centre cannot be on the ground and within the secret area next to the teleporter (like doom 2 map 15), but you can do both map 26 and episode 3 as 75% is valid.

13 hours ago, ZeroMaster010 said:

It's impossible to get the map 26 megasphere secret because doomguys centre cannot be on the ground and within the secret area next to the teleporter (like doom 2 map 15), but you can do both map 26 and episode 3 as 75% is valid.

Alright, cheers for clarifying that

Plutonia nomo 100% Episode 3 in 15:23.

Finally managed to finish a run, phew. This brings a close to Final doom now being complete in nomo 100%. (D2ALL & Episode 1 of Plutonia are not possible due to MAP07 not being able to be finished in nomo).

It's been a rough journey but I made it!! Also included but not for DSDA is one of my fail runs. :-)

plosep3-1523.zip

The second glide works well as a high-speed glide, with a good percentage chance of success - see my old NM demo. Should save some seconds (as it is combined with a long wallrun), other things being equal.

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

The second glide works well as a high-speed glide, with a good percentage chance of success - see my old NM demo. Should save some seconds (as it is combined with a long wallrun), other things being equal.

Oh nice, I didn't even notice that demo was on DSDA when I was looking at Vile.wad. I'll definitely have to try it again like that. I found the last glide not to be terrible with vertical mouse movement, though I agree that it's a bit awkward (referencing your textfile).

In the meantime, the glide saga continues. Cchest (1) MAP16 nomo in 37.97. (If someone wants to take a crack at improving it, see my textfile for details.)

cc16o037.zip

On 6/28/2018 at 6:46 PM, doomdaniel95 said:

I found the last glide not to be terrible with vertical mouse movement, though I agree that it's a bit awkward (referencing your textfile).

Bear in mind that textfile was written more than 11 years ago, in the early days of low-speed gliding. Many techniques were yet to be discovered and refined - things that are easy and routine now were still considered difficult or random.

Edited by Grazza : added the words "low-speed" for clarity and historical accuracy

Understood, Grazza. I'm sorry if I came off as impolite in any way. 

Here's another demo with more glides. This one doesn't have any past demos except for UV-Maxes on DSDA, so this route is probably original. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) Cchest (1) MAP27 nomo in 1:58.94.

cc27o158.zip

No, not impolite at all, and it's good that you're taking an interest in these good but nowadays somewhat neglected wads.