Nomonster speedrunning

4shockblast said:

Doom E1M4 in 0:11.97. P-DANG time was 12.34 by AdamH. 11 with monsters could be done, but I dunno that I'd go for it.

I've always thought that the one demo ocelot mentioned like 5 years ago, was about E1M4 in 12.00 (with monsters), missing the perfect(?) exit switch. I don't have any real info about it though, just a guess.

DTWID E1M6 in 1:11

This is just a quick demo to record a trick for posterity. You can do two 224 unit rocket jumps to skip the blue key. Probably possible to implement in an episode uv-speed run, but you'd have to trade time in the route to come in with enough health and armor.

i1d6o111.zip

Resurgence map 7 nomo in 0:10.83. Breaks the intended speed route on this map. Includes bonus demo where I take no blast damage from wallrocket.

rs07o010.zip

Hey guys. My semester is done so I have a little more time. Decided to record a quick demo that I was a bit surprised hadn't been done by anyone (including me) before. Community Chest (1) MAP14 nomo in 0:11. More info included in textfile.

cc14o011.zip

Community Chest (1) MAP21 in 1:19.97. Includes a demo where I skipped a linedef that should've teleported me.

cc21o119.zip

1 person likes this

wow really cool demo. this map looks like a nightmare for a kb-only nomo (lots of right angles and small corridors) so props for such a smooth run!

1 person likes this

On 6/3/2017 at 7:33 AM, rehelekretep said:

wow really cool demo. this map looks like a nightmare for a kb-only nomo (lots of right angles and small corridors) so props for such a smooth run!

Thanks! It was a bit of a challenge, but I love the map, so it wasn't very frustrating. Glad you liked it. :)

1 person likes this

Community Chest 3 MAP10 in 5:16. This is more of a route demonstration for anyone else interested in making demos for this map. I can also record a nomo with 100% secrets if someone would like to see that.

c310o516.zip

15 minutes ago, doomdaniel95 said:

I can also record a nomo with 100% secrets if someone would like to see that.

I like nomo100s runs because they quickly show off where and how to get the secrets in a map and give a route that's at least some kind of base for other categories.  I don't have any particular affinity for this map though, that's just my feeling in general :P