Nomonster speedrunning

12 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

damn youre on a roll!

Thanks, but now I really am!¬†ūüĒ•ūüĒ•

 

Doom2 Map31 (normal exit) in 28.91.¬†ūüĒ•ūüĒ•

no312891.zip

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

so sick; how much acceleration does a door boost give you over a usual sr40/sr50 run-up?

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

so sick; how much acceleration does a door boost give you over a usual sr40/sr50 run-up?

Instead of 14~ momentum, you have 16-17, and you get 3 frames of wallrun, and of course you get a free ride for a perfect pass under the door.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Found hard key grab in HR2 map21.

Huge timesaver for -nomonsters.

Not sure how it works, one frame wallrun on pillar?

Can't find exact position though.

Not for DSDA.

 

h221_keygrab.zip

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

nice!

now to find a skip for that YK :p

can you boost through the fence somehow? i know that is possible in some cases...

Share this post


Link to post

The gap is 16 units and then the key is 16 more units north, the key is 40x40 units so it extends 4 units into the gap. So to grab it you need at a speed of at least 12 units per tic, but you don't want to go over 15 units per tic. I managed to get it by moving a small distance from the opposite wall and just running straight forward without any wallrun.

 

You need a wall at a certain angle next to a fence to be able to get through, so won't be much you can do about yellow key.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Oh yes, just bumping straight into the wall works better, it was actually not hard.

Never realized this kind of grabs have upper limit of speed, thought the higher speed the better.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Bit of a trip down memory lane here. Over the last 3 days, I've been doing the whole of TNT with nomonsters 100% secrets.

Now I couldn't find any demos for runs for this before, so if someone has already done it all and my runs are way too slow then so be it.

 

But if anyone is interested: TNT Demos.zip

 

Feel free to give me any feedback!

Edited by Bob9001
fixed a letter
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I would have assumed you were the first to do a TNT -nomonsters 100% secrets playthrough in any form, but apparently you are just the first to release demos. There's a (much slower) walkthrough-style guide on YouTube. 

 

1 hour ago, Bob9001 said:

Feel free to give me any feedback!

 

With demos in general it's useful to go for established naming conventions, which can be adapted from similar runs on DSDA if a particular run doesn't exist. TNT has an 'ev' prefix, and nomo 100% secrets is 'os', so example names would be ev01os30, eve1os1526, and evallos5400 for ILs, episode runs, and the D2ALL respectively. (Although to be perfectly honest your format is easier to read with this mapset + category, lol.) Within the zip, though, nested zips are preferable to individual folders if only because these days Andy will separate collections into their own individual entries on the table, so you save him time with that. 

 

Edited by rdwpa
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

I would have assumed you were the first to do a TNT -nomonsters 100% secrets playthrough in any form, but apparently you are just the first to record demos. There's a (much slower) walkthrough-style guide on YouTube. 

 

 

With demos in general it's useful to go for established naming conventions, which can be adapted from similar runs on DSDA if a particular run doesn't exist. TNT has an 'ev' prefix, and nomo 100% secrets is 'os', so example names would be ev01os30, eve1os1526, and evallos5400 for ILs, episode runs, and the D2ALL respectively. (Although to be perfectly honest your format is easier to read with this mapset + category, lol.) Within the zip, though, nested zips are preferable to individual folders if only because these days Andy will separate collections into their own individual entries on the table, so you save him time with that. 

 

Ah I see. Well I do the format like that cause it's easier for me to read which demo is which. I had been planning to do this for maybe 1 and half years now but I never got around to it.

Oh well this is interesting and I value the feedback.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

great demos for an under-represented category!

what i would suggest is name your demos how you like and then use Advanced Renamer to rename for uploading :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

great demos for an under-represented category!

what i would suggest is name your demos how you like and then use Advanced Renamer to rename for uploading :)

Thank you! I did do a lot of research before committing to this.

 

Oh really well I keep my format like the way it is, but I can change any future demos for others.

Share this post


Link to post

It's nice to see someone else who was really interested in tnt nomo. :) Nice runs. Granted, my demos from back in the day SUCK, but I did go through the whole WAD doing nomo without 100% secrets a couple of times. Are you a new player, @Bob9001?

One thing I suggest is as you're doing more runs, if you're interested in being more compretitive, is that you watch the demos you make with the timer in prboom-plus and see the hundredths of seconds. For example, in MAP12, your demo is in 52.03. It'd be easy to improve just a couple of tics and get it to a high 51.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, doomdaniel95 said:

It's nice to see someone else who was really interested in tnt nomo. :) Nice runs. Granted, my demos from back in the day SUCK, but I did go through the whole WAD doing nomo without 100% secrets a couple of times. Are you a new player, @Bob9001?

One thing I suggest is as you're doing more runs, if you're interested in being more compretitive, is that you watch the demos you make with the timer in prboom-plus and see the hundredths of seconds. For example, in MAP12, your demo is in 52.03. It'd be easy to improve just a couple of tics and get it to a high 51.

Ah that's good to hear, TNT is my favourite wad of all time!

No I'm not a new player, I'm just new to posting my demos. If that makes sense? haha

 

I record in prboom-plus, so is there an option to turn on the better timer?

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2018 at 4:37 PM, Bob9001 said:

I record in prboom-plus, so is there an option to turn on the better timer?

The - and + keys next to backspace change the screen size. If you keep pushing +, you should eventually get the timer to show up, as well as a meter showing kills/items/secrets.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, doomdaniel95 said:

The - and + keys next to backspace change the screen size. If you keep pushing +, you should eventually get the timer to show up, as well as a meter showing kills/items/secrets.

Ah, ok I'll start using that. It just so happens I have to re-do d2all of nomo 100% secrets for TNT as I died in my first demo, so I could improve my times a bit.

 

Cheers for the feedback as you're one of the people that holds many records and I have used some of your demos as tips etc.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

So today I re-did the D2ALL for TNT nomo 100% secrets.

 

Pretty soild performance I reckon! A few changes however, I started using advanced hud and I added Level 31 and 32 to my d2all demo.

 

Time to give this a rest for awhile now. evosd2all-5624.zip

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now