Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Razer Onza

Are you still interested in the Onza?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still interested in the Onza?

• I`m still interested.
    • I`ve lost interest.
    • Was never interested/Don`t play 360.
    • Thanks for showing me this, now I want one.
    • I wouldn`t be caught dead buying this.

http://www2.razerzone.com/onza/

Anyone else eagerly awaiting its release? I've been excited about it since GameInformer's preview of it over the summer. It's been continually delayed and now we're getting no info on it at all. It's really breaking my heart. I'll stay patient and wait for them to do a good job on it, though (sure as hell not going with Mad Catz).

edit: I luv mods. Not only edited poll, but cleaned it up too!

It's just a fucking controller with a lot of gimmicky shit added to it.

Craigs said:

It's just a fucking controller

No dumbass, it's a puppy. How long did it take you to figure that out?

Craigs ninja edited:

We'll see about that, but everything seems to indicate that they're taking special care to make a quality product. That sounds like marketing bullcrap but I think they're making an honest effort. They just need to be a bit more open about how far along they really are on this thing.

Spend your money on something less retarded, like a kick in the head.

EDIT: I insist you add an option to the poll that reads: "This is a piece of shit I wouldn't be caught dead buying". Thank you.

I dunno about this Onza thing.
The Cyborg gamepad is probably the fanciest controller I'll ever buy.

You can swap the d-pad and left analog stick on it. I wouldn't want to buy anything fancier just to get reprogrammable buttons, I'd get a better game that lets me change the button layout, since it's the 21st century and all.

It's also $35 instead of $50. Just look for the newer Cyborg gamepad model, the one with the XBox home button and stuff, as there's a PC only one that goes for around $22.

I like the button-pad layout of the 360, though.

Also, only the MFBs are programmable. And I really want to remap the stick-click actions to those. I played Halo Reach for the first time last weekend and fell in love with hitting a shoulder button to sprint. I'm so sick of stick clicking.

Eh, the extra shoulder buttons are cool. But, I'll be sticking to the stock controller. Half the time the extras are simply not worth the cash. Learned that after getting a fancy pants mouse with a crap load of extra buttons and weights. I ended up hating the thing. So I returned it and got a basic two button/scroll wheel mouse and I have been happy with it since day one. I also bought Sony Sports CD Walkman for $100 to use while running. Dropped the damn thing once and it died. I have a very, very old brick of a cd player made by RCA that simply won't die or skip. At this point when it comes to electronics I'm going to go with the basic stuff. So long as it works as intended, I'm happy.

1. Heh I emailed RazerGuy about that and he changed the diagram. It's one piece.
  2. The PS controller D-Pad is one piece as well.
  3. Just goes to show how badly designed the MS pad is.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that keyboard and mouse > gamepads.

You know what they need to make?
A simple controller, maybe SNES-like, with a really thin contour and stackable USB inputs.

Nomad said:

Yup. The games that need them tend to be better too.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Thanks for showing me this interesting piece. I might be adding it to my kit when it comes out... And at 50$? That's all they want for this epic controller? I don't habeeb it.

Craigs said:

And I bet it will also be overprized, unremarkable and aimed at ricers, just like most other Razer products.

Cases in point: the Razer Barracuda "gaming" sound card (a $200 card with a CMedia HDA codec, similar to that used in EVERY FUCKING MOTHERBOARD WITH INTEGRATED SOUND but with a more EXTREEEEEEMEEE!!!11!! and "0MG L00K 1M T3H FUX0R H4X0R C0MP3T1T1V3 GAM3RZ, B14TCH!" look and feel. Right.

Nomad said:

Why? I think we already know that. You can't really dispute that any controller is better than mouse/keyboard in FPS. However, choosing a platform is about more than control scheme.

Are we really shitting ourselves over a video game controller? (by we i mean you duck recon major)

Fo' shame, it's not even made by Apple. You lose fanboy cred for that alone.

Now, if I were to judge it from the advertized features...I'd say the rubberized surface sounds OK (though you could find that elsewhere). Can't say much about the adjustable analog sticks, they might have their uses but I can't think of any where a mouse couldn't do a better job.

For the rest, it deserves a review by Maddox similar to the one he made for the iPhone. And we know how well that went down...

Anything that will let me "actuate mission critical commands at the most comfortable location" must be worth all of my money/credibility. I will gladly pay any number of your American dollars for such a product.

Why would I ever want to spend money on a controller? I got a mouse and keyboard thank you very much. (Razer Lycosa and Razer Deathadder)

DuckReconMajor said:

Why? I think we already know that. You can't really dispute that any controller is better than mouse/keyboard in FPS. However, choosing a platform is about more than control scheme.

Yes. To me, it's about choosing something that isn't crippled into being a one-trick pony entirely controlled by its manufacturer. That translates to "not a console". It's also about the thing having a screen that doesn't make you pay a license fee, because I have zero interest in teevee. That translates to "still not a console". :p

Gez said:

Yes. To me, it's about choosing something that isn't crippled into being a one-trick pony entirely controlled by its manufacturer.

Games for Windows?

Maes said:

Can't say much about the adjustable analog sticks, they might have their uses

From the sound of it, it basically just boils down to adjusting the sensitivity of the analogue sticks, which is pretty pointless since every game for the 360 lets you do that from the options menu for free.

Bucket said:

You know what they need to make?
A simple controller, maybe SNES-like, with a really thin contour and stackable USB inputs.

Complete with free hand cramps! Seriously, modern, "complex" controllers are great if only because they're actually somewhat ergonomic. N64 and earlier are good for nothing but cramps.