Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Skype Conference Calls

Trying to bring doomer's closer together. Some Doomers, including Krispavera, Doom Marine, Bloodshedder, Carnevil, and Da Spadger been having group get-togethers on skype. Hopefully if we can get a good doom-related discussion going on, we may even be able to record it and edit it together to create a Doom Radio show. Interested in hearing from you guys.

Skype name: j_40oz

I keep declining these, because I'm a cold hearted bitch.

Actually, I'm almost always in the middle of something important when ya'll call =[ Sorry

Added. I'll wait patiently until someone decides to pipe up. Thankfully, the most important thing I'm usually ever doing is staring blankly at my screenplay or thundering away on the keyboard to conjure up some throwaway piece of fiction.

skype name: saint-alfonzo

eargosedown said:

I keep declining these, because I'm a cold hearted bitch.

Actually, I'm almost always in the middle of something important when ya'll call =[ Sorry

You really oughta get in on one because we seriously had like 15 people in there on Friday night. It's pretty fun.

Also, for those without mics: Don't worry about it! You can still come in and listen and even type if you so desire. Oh, and if you're just too shy to talk, don't be. Seriously. You don't have to be shy around us.

My username is blanketboy25. I'm re-downloading skype and adding you guys ATM.

I would definitely be interested in some Doom related convo. When do these usually take place?

I'll add you all when I get home from class. My username is jensenroger.

This is actually a really cool idea. I can just feel the creativity flowing already...

I'm willing to record the conversations and zip them into .oggs if anyone's interested. I have a 20 gig spare hard drive with nothing better to do.

By the way, how do these things normally go? I've never actually been in a large conference call (the largest I've had was four people, I think). Is it just a lot of random talking? Do people bring up topics of conversation? Try to play something online and then dissolve into arguing over which port to use?

(Thinking about it, Odamex seems to be a good choice for DM if that need ever arises).

Well Friday was pretty much me drunkenly assembling every doom community member I could convince to join us. Believe me I'm still shocked I managed to do it.

It can really go any way you want it to. Want to come in and discuss a project idea? Sure. That'll be awesome. Wanna get drunk and tell piss jokes? Sure, could be fun. A little of both? All the better.

Ultraboy94 said:

So this is Skype 5.0 on windows right? never used this before.

Yeah, just download it, make an account, and post your name here. I'll add you to contacts and then the fun will begin!

I might take a shot at this once I get over my illness... and remember what the hell my username & password are.

I am a big fan of Doom too, but my English knowledge is a little bad. If you think you can add me.

My skype name: schmidtzoli...
(with the points too!)

rf` said:

I should, but I don't have much to talk about. :P

Neither do we.. at least at first. You should just come in and listen for a bit, then talk when you're comfortable.

I've got 2 hours. Anyone want to start a conference call?

EDIT: everyone get in skulltag domination now

Curious to see what everyone is doing tomorrow - noon seems to be appropriate timing (US East anyways) for finding everyone else online, so lets make it happen :P

I just started an account with this. Some jerk is using the name Megalyth, so I needed to come up with another one. I'm using this name: Mega_Hates_Everyone

I don't have a microphone, but I can get one easily. Can anyone recommend a good mic/headset that doesn't cost a fortune?

Logitech do some decent headsets, e.g. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104319&cm_re=logitech_headset-_-26-104-319-_-Product or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104228&cm_re=logitech_headset-_-26-104-228-_-Product (cheaper)

Added 40z. Not sure whether I'll be up around the times the conferences will be happening, but will try to join at some point

I need a mic. I'm looking to buy an Audio-Technica 20-20. I'm going to buy a Digi-box simply to run Protools, so I'll at least have an interface.

If you don't have a mic, you should at least switch your recording settings to "Stereo Mix" then go to a Text to Speech website to talk to us.

Actually... don't do that.

I see a few people have tried to talk to me. I'm not ingoring anyone, I've just left Skype running since I installed it and forgot to set my status to "away" when I was, in fact, away.

I still need to get a headset. I'm going to check out the local Best Buy either today or tomorrow. They have a good selection of tech accessories, so I should be able to find a nice headset, and if not, the mall is in the same plaza. Fear not! My golden voice will be caressing your lonely eardrums very, very soon!

40oz said:

Actually... don't do that.

Why not? That particular one has a "UK English" voice with a very pompuous British accent, that will make you sound like a General of Her Majesty's Royal Army ;-)

For kicks, try making it say this:

"Howdy mate, I've got a perfect British Accent! How perfect? So perfect it will rape fuck up your bloody face, dolt, and make it bleed even more. Long live the Mighty British Empire!"

Maes said:

"Howdy mate, I've got a perfect British Accent! How perfect? So perfect it will rape fuck up your bloody face, dolt, and make it bleed even more. Long live the Mighty British Empire!"

That would be foiled by the fact that we don't say "howdy" nor "dolt". Replace howdy with "oi" and dolt with "cunt" and it's more believable.