Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

WorkFlowy

An old friend from grade school just launched a start up called WorkFlowy. The tagline for what the website/program does is: Seen WorkFlowy yet? Fit your entire brain on one piece of paper! WorkFlowy.com. I started using it yesterday after I missed lab for the second time. I'm hoping it will help me stay organized. It is a pretty nifty little website; I like the design and how it functions.

I am both offput and confused by the ad immediately after signing up that wants me to install the new Google Chrome. Is this require to use the site?

Kirby said:

I am both offput and confused by the ad immediately after signing up that wants me to install the new Google Chrome. Is this require to use the site?

I don't know, I was using chrome when I signed up. What browser are you using?

Watched the video and I don't think I understand what it is nor how it works.

Have you ever made a bulleted outline? It's kind of the same principle, except it's designed so that you can easily navigate your bullets so that when you have a bazillion sub-categories you don't get lost. This is achieved simply by allowing you to zoom in on a region or bullet in your 'list'. So you can have as many categories, sub categories and sub-sub-sub-ad infitum as you like. There's no limit. So you can keep journal entries, meetings, to-dos, a business plan, notes for doom wad or project, etc... as far as I can tell, it is limited only by your creativity for what you could put it to use. It will grow with you over time.

Hmm. I think I understand now, thanks. I haven't in fact ever made a bulleted outline in my life, which is why I had trouble getting this whole thing.

It mimics the way you think.

Really? Why would you release a product with memory leaks, buggy macro features and a nearly non-existent UI?

Bucket said:

Really? Why would you release a product with memory leaks, buggy macro features and a nearly non-existent UI?

Memory leaks? What's wrong with the macro features? I like the non-existent UI. I think that's the point.

I haven't used it or anything, but here's my one issue: it requires a computer. Or a phone that's not quite as ancient as mine. It wouldn't help me if I were at a meeting trying to schedule something or other.

Also, don't digital documents already expand indefinitely :P

Of course, if I had a really sick phone I would definitely want this to be on it

So was Hellbent :P

So I just got Hellbented two times in the same thread. Goddammit.

I'm using the latest Chrome, but it won't let me delete items. I just click "Delete" and nothing happens. If I keep clicking it it just highlights the area around it.

P.S. other than this hiccup, this is a great program. I like it a lot.

as far as the bugs: it is in beta. I talked to the creator and he said it will progress to be very powerful; this is just the beginning. I'm not entirely sure what he has in mind--but I know that I have my own ideas of some things I'd like to see with this.