Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Minecraft

Have you played with Minecraft?
It's a great sandbox game for Java platform. It's only in alpha stage, but I think (and few hundred thousands of people thinks it too) it's a fantastic game!

And you?

Vaporizer said:

Great game. Just maybe a little too addictive.

I agree totally. Really addictive. Although I can play less over 1 week... it was a fantastic work for me lol

Csonicgo said:

I prefer to call it Spergcraft. Here's one of many reasons why.

Not to mention that the guy who runs the wiki is an aspie filled with unwarranted self importance who openly admits that he had a gay experience with his cousin.

Csonicgo said:

I prefer to call it Spergcraft. Here's one of many reasons why.

That's actually pretty cool, aside from the retards spewing random nonsensical insults at him for no reason in the comment section.

I like it in SP.

MP seems to be a sorry excuse of a game, though. I get that it can be still fun for people who just like building, but I can't help but think the game could be so much more than that with a "traditional" oldschool MMO structure - official persistant world, full PVP, and of course working damage. As silly as it might sound talking about a bright video game where you punch trees and build castles out of dirt, I wish Minecraft would take itself more seriously ; something that can't and won't ever happen with scattered private servers owned by random individuals.

I'm actually tired of hearing about it. Like everywhere I go there are 2-3 threads about it at least and my friends won't shut up about it. Anyway, this is the best Minecraft video ever:

The game's still in Alpha, working damage and whatnot is in development as-is.

Heh, I knew me mentioning damage would get the standard "it's in alpha" response. That was an extremely minor detail to my whole point and merely included for the sake of completeness, of course I know that damage will be fixed soon or later.

The important thing is everything else. A Shadowbane/Darkfall online that would actually work.

I've never heard of this "Minecraft" Would someone give me the synopsis of this program? Sure I could look it up, but i'd rather hear it from a experienced point of view, rather than the paragraph they use to try and "Sell" it to you.

Belial said:

Never played it, never will. Looks like a major waste of time.

That's what I thought too, until I tried it during the weekend that it was free due to servers being overloaded. I don't spend hours every day making huge structures in it, but it's fun to mess around with once in a while. There's a big difference between Classic and Alpha, it's unfortunate that there's currently no free demo for Alpha for people to try out though.

Craigs said:

Not to mention that the guy who runs the wiki is an aspie filled with unwarranted self importance who openly admits that he had a gay experience with his cousin.

That doesn't make playing in single player (or on private servers with friends) any less enjoyable. There's nothing wrong with the wiki if you're just looking for factual information about the game itself.