Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

Star Wars: Dark Forces TC?

I'm wondering if anyone has made a Doom conversion of Star Wars: Dark Forces.

If not, does anyone know anything about extracting resources from it?

I was hoping that it would be a Doom mod and that XWE could open it up, but that doesn't look to be the case.

Cheers.

I looked through all the places he "got" his graphics from and they were all Geocities sites :(

Seems like extracting resources from Dark Forces remains a mystery for the moment.

I'm sure there's some way, as I remember a thread over at the ZDoom forums talking about making an updated Star Wars TC and I believe they where ripping resources from Dark Forces.

The XWE site say's it can load all bitmaps and sprites, though I have never tested this myself.

Sigvatr said:

I was hoping that it would be a Doom mod and that XWE could open it up, but that doesn't look to be the case.....

I looked through all the places he "got" his graphics from and they were all Geocities sites :(

Seems like extracting resources from Dark Forces remains a mystery for the moment.

Actually, only a few of the graphics were from Geocities, and it was mentioned to provide appropriate credit for other resources such as sounds and music.

The text file (under Editors Used) states:

"CAGE to extract graphics from Dark Forces"

and

"BMPDF to convert DF graphics into bitmap format"

XWE also supports Dark Forces, and can be used to extract resources.

I remember I had WEDIT, a DF map editor, and among other things, it allowed me to extract graphics and sounds.

Like we need another Doom TC about another game when I can just play the other game. An excuse to rip. Rip, rip, rippy-rip!

Would love to see this thread come back, DarkXL doesnt do as good a job as what the DOOM ports of today can do and it would run a lot better, not to mention you would actually have a proper options/configuration menu. No doubt it could be properly balanced too, even more so than the original game!

6 hours ago, ChamesyGaming said:

Would love to see this thread come back, DarkXL doesnt do as good a job as what the DOOM ports of today can do and it would run a lot better, not to mention you would actually have a proper options/configuration menu. No doubt it could be properly balanced too, even more so than the original game!

I can agree with that. Doom ports have really spoiled me and DarkXL just isn't as good.