Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomF4nG4mer

Who's your favorite Doom Monster?

I like Revenants. They work well many situations, and fighting them in one place can be completely different than fighting them in another (In cramped hallways finding corners to hide behind is necessary, while in open places you need to keep running around if you don't want to get hit by their homing missles.)

I like the Space-Invaders-like attack of the Mancubus.

My favorite is probably Icon Of Sin, though. I just love that voice.

Revenants, because they're challenging and have an interesting attack.

Cacodemons, because they look cute and are easy to fight.

bgraybr said:

Cacodemons, because they look cute and are easy to fight.

Finally! I thought I was the only one that wanted to hug one of those guys.

Arch-viles and Cyberdemons... because they make everyone else freak out. I don't really have much of a problem with them. Mancubus, for some reason, kill me quickly. Especially with Partial Invisibility >.<

Vaporizer said:

Oh. Doesn't really look very frightening.

You wanna try fighting the bitch!

My favourite by a mile is the Pinkie. I just love there determined simplicity. Kind of like the Dope Fish of the Doom world - Run, run, bite!

A close second would be the Bull Demon for, obviously, the same reason though they aren't quite as cute!

I always liked the Spider Mastermind, its big, scary, has a deadly attack and is the big boss of Doom. It would be my favourite if not for the fact that its so horribly weak, relative to the cyberdemon. So my vote goes, instead, to the mancubus, a big, fat, slow and inaccurate monster.

I've always found arch-viles to be pretty cool. Their speed, the nature of their attack, their high HP and low pain chance leave them will very little in the way of exploitable weaknesses and make them terribly effective and able to control large areas of a map from one spot. Their ability to resurrect monsters gives them just another added layer of urgency.

Also, I'll agree on the count that cacodemons are cute. :3

Mine would be the Baron of Hell. The first times you play DOOM it's a pain in the ass but later you find them easy. Since it is my favorite, I've made several monsters based on it for (G)ZDoom/Skulltag. I also admit the Cacodemons are "cute".

Foodles said:

So my vote goes, instead, to the mancubus, a big, fat, slow and inaccurate monster.

Second the Mancubus. He is a misunderstood soul who just wants to be loved