Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Pyramids: Tard Edition

I'm having real trouble understanding slopes as it is. The effect I'm especially working for are Pyramids. I've seem a video with a pyramid in it so I assume it can be done.

Lesson, tutorial, anything would be greatly appreciated.

Make sectors A, B, C, D as high as you want the pyramid to be. Make sure the linedefs 1, 2, 3, 4 are flipped the way they are on the image above.

Eternity:

Set the linedef action 386 Slope Frontsector Floor To Match Backsector Height to linedefs 1, 2, 3, 4.

ZDoom:

Set the linedef action 181 PlaneAlign(slope) to linedefs 1, 2, 3, 4 and set AlignFloor parameter to "Front".

You have successfully created a pyramid.

Or several other methods, actually. The thing to keep in mind when using vertex slopes is that they only work when placed on sectors with three vertices. A sector with four or more vertices, even if the shape is a triangle, will not be sloped.

The Plane_Align method is the most universal in that making slopes for EDGE or Eternity uses basically the same method.

There's a tutorial here.

Thanks guys! The vertex slope thing method achieved the desired effect I wanted. I'm going to further evaluate all the other suggested methods.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I changed the thread name for easy search results.